31- True love only exists in books

The car fell into huge silence.

Mia blinked twice as she gulped. 'Shit.. I f up' she cursed in her mind. The words just came out from her mouth, she should have careful with her words. Now she exposed herself obviously. Ofc, Mia Grace had loved George Seith once.

So Mia Grace knew what love felt like. However Mia Clark was the total opposite. She never knew what love felt like. She did not want to know too, love sucked. The love was a joke for Mia Clark. She never believed in love, she never believed in wishes.

Lorcan narrowed his eyes in suspicion as his brows were pulled together in confusion. Did the young woman just say she had never loved anyone? But that was impossible. Everyone knew about Mia Grace loving George Seith like a fool.

Everyone knew about Mia Grace chasing George Seith like a dog. Everyone knew the fact about how much Mia Grace loved George Seith. The new about Mia Grace eating shrimps just to get George Seith's attention was famous in the town.

Then why did the young woman answer like that? Did she never love George Seith? Were her feelings for George Seith just for fun? Did her heart just flutter for a moment and call it love? Wasn't she the one who did not even care about her parents just because of a man?

Mia squeezed her eyes in annoyance. "Umm, to be honest I don't understand my feelings as well. I think I just had a little crush on George Seith for awhile. That's why I want to know how love feels like" Mia quickly covered the mess smoothly.

Lorcan did not respond.

His eyes were on the young woman through the rear-view mirror. There was an awkward smile on her face, lying like a white bunny. "Is that so? Then I apologize. I can't explain how love feels like" the man's reply made Mia swallowed.

Did he find out? Did he believe her words? Did he notice her lies? Why did he reply like that? Why was he avoiding to answer her question? What could she do? It was her fault for asking him, she should have shut her mouth and read the book.

Maybe she could know what love felt like by reading the book. "It is ok. I won't disturb you anymore, drive carefully" Mia leaned back on the car headboard and sipped the iced americano with a stone face. Her eyes were on the book which she just bought.

"Yes" Lorcan replied. He did want to tell the young woman how love felt like, what if the young woman misunderstood something? He wanted the young woman to find out by herself. Because it made people fell for someone more deeper.

The two did not utter any words. "We have arrived" Lorcan's voice brought Mia back from spacing out. The young woman looked up at the outside of the car window and turned out she was at her parents villa. She quickly went out of the car.

"Welcome back, Miss Mia"

Maki's granddaughter saw her Miss coming back from the book shop. She greeted with a grin as she ran towards the young woman. Mia replied with a usual smile, Maki's granddaughter grabbed the bag of books from Mia and walked into the villa together with the young woman.

Lorcan followed them with his usual cold face, he went into the kitchen to drink some water while Mia and Maki's granddaughter walked up to the second floor. They two were directing to the young woman's room.

"Prepare some strawberries for me" Mia spoke as she stepped into her room after placing the books on the table. "Yes, Miss" Maki's granddaughter said with a smile and walked out of the room. As the door closed, Mia let out a loud sigh.

She was sure that Lorcan was starting to suspect of her. It was obvious. This was not the first time she had said something impossible. She had been asking him if he believed in reborn things or not, she had told him about how she envied him for having a caring mother.