Twenty s.e.v.e.n

"What?? You are kidding, right??", avantika stammered.

"Not at all. If you want to thank me, then you will have to give me a kiss", nikhil said moving closer to avantika.

"Nikhil!!", she uttered.

He moved closer to her and clutched both of her wrists.

"What are you doing?? Please let me go", avantika said, trying to free herself. 

She moved back but to her surprise, he snaked his arm around her waist.

"I love you avi", he finally spoke.

"What!!", avantika whispered. She wanted to be loud but what nikhil said, froze her. Their eyes locked and avantika stopped struggling to free herself.

"Yes!! I love you. I never thought that I will say this but I have fallen for you. When we first met at your house, I was there to meet my bhabhi. I thought you were boring and I nearly hated you but destiny had other plans. We got hitched. I really hated you but then we became friends and eventually now I am in love with you. I can never imagine my life without you avi. You complete my life, you complete me.         I love you", nikhil confessed.

Avantika's eyes were brimming with tears and she hugged nikhil. "I love you too nikhil", she said.

It felt like the moment had stopped. They finally confessed their feelings. Their hearts were thudding and butterflies were flying in their stomachs.

Finally breaking the hug after a few minutes, nikhil said, "What about my kiss??".

Avantika's face had turned totally red due to blush. She could not meet his gaze because of her shyness.

Nikhil chinned her face up and leaned down and his lips were close to hers. She closed her when the distance between their lips decreased. He also shut his eyes and gave her a unforgettable kiss.

Nikhil was kissing her bottom lip and she was kissing her upper lip. They switched their positions and kept on kissing each other and expressing their love.

_______________

After two days, they came back to Delhi after their successful project.

A week later, it was the festival of navratri.

The whole Malik mansion was decorated with lights and flowers.

"Bhaiya, where is bhabhi??",samar asked, looking here and there for avantika.

"You don't know about girls samar. They take hours to get ready on a normal day and think today is navratri", nikhil joked unknown of avantika who was standing behind them.

"Very true bhaiya", he replied.

They laughed and gave each other a hi-fi.

"Really samar! Do you agree with him??", avantika asked.

Samar gulped down the saliva in his mouth. He was afraid that how will avantika react.

"I am dead", nikhil thought.

They slowly turned around and saw avantika with a sweet smile plastered on her face which was hiding her anger.

"Bhabhi, I was saying that very wrong bhaiya, you should not make fun of girls like this", samar justified.

"Ohh", she said, tilting her head to one side.

"Yes Yes bhabhi and you are looking so cute today. You and bhaiya are wearing same colour. What an understanding!!", samar explained.

"Thank you devar jii", she replied, pulling his cheeks.

"Aahhh!! Sorry bhabhi", samar said. He rubbed his cheeks and went from there .

Avantika glared at nikhil while he was examining her from top to bottom.

Her yellow lehnga with a waistband. Her bangles and her necklace. Her Kajal and her earrings. Her open hairs with a mangtika.

Avantika was still fuming with anger. Nikhil took a step closer to her and tucked a strand of her hairs behind her ears.

"Beautiful", he uttered.

Avantika pushed him and went. Her anklets tinkled when she ran towards the dance floor where everyone was playing garba.

Nikhil watched her while she was dancing with others. He kept on staring her with love in his eyes.

Siya came to him and dragged him to the dance floor.

"No bhabhi ", he said.

"What no!! Avantika is dancing alone. Go and dance with her", siya said while she kept on dragging him.

Nikhil took two pairs of dandiya sticks from the table. He gave one pair to avantika and they started swaying their bodies on the playful music of garba.

Tu jo mila mila mila..
Aaja na dil se kare
Milke kare raasleela..

________________

After the celebration was over, everyone went back to their rooms.

Avantika was removing her earrings, when nikhil came inside. He locked up the room and went near her.

He hugged her from back and started nibbling on her neck.

Avantika turned around and kissed him on his cheek. Nikhil grabbed her waist and kissed her on her lips. Avantika put her hands behind his neck, deepening the kiss. Nikhil removed her mangtika while they were still kissing. Avantika moved back and smiled. He removed her waistband and necklace. Then he started kissing down her back. She felt a chill run down her back. Nikhil clutched her dupatta and removed it off her shoulder. Then he removed his kurta too. He took her in his arms and laid her on the bed. He hovered over her and caressed her hairs.

"I love you avantika", he mumbled, looking in her eyes.

"I love you too", she replied.

That was the day when they consummated their marriage ❤