♡ two; admitting your feelings ♡

════════════ ♡♥♡ ════════════

charlie:

⋆ Anyone around you and Charlie could tell that there was romantic tension in the air. Whether it was flirty banter or light touches, there always seemed to be chemistry between the two of you.

⋆ Even though you both obviously liked each other, Charlie didn't want to ask you out right away. You both were just getting to know each other, so he didn't want to rush anything.

⋆ That was until the party at the Danburry's. Knox was invited by the girl he was pining over, Chris Noel. He decided that he needed a date to bring. You convinced him to let you come with him to be his "wing woman". Charlie was slightly jealous of you going to a party with Knox, but decided to stay silent and sulk.

TW: alcohol use

At the party, you ended up losing Knox in the crowd of people. Instead of trying to look for him, you decided to have a drink. One led to two, then to three, and until you had lost count. As the party was coming to a close, Knox found an extremely intoxicated y/n by the bar. He had to basically carry you back to Welton.

⋆ When the two of you finally arrived back at Welton, you met the other dead poets who were just arriving back from their meeting. The boys were confused to say the least, but one in particular was absolutely fuming.

"What the hell happened?"

"Look, Charlie, we got separated during the party, and then I found her like this-"

"You were supposed to watch her! How could you let her get drunk? She looks like she's blacking out for God's sake!"

⋆ He was a little angry to say the least.

⋆ The boys walked you back to your dorm, and then went to the kitchen to get you some water and medicine for the hangover that was bound to come. Charlie decided to watch you while the other boys left. You laid on your bed with your head in his lap, while he played with your hair. You stared up at him.

"Your really pretty, Charlie."

"Wait- What?"

"I just said your really pretty." You traced down his nose and jaw as you sat up. Your faces were so close that your noses touched. You smiled drunkenly, "And I really, really want to kiss you right now."

"Y/n, your drunk." 

"I don't care."

"Well," he whispered softly, "I do care. I want you to remember the first time I kiss you."

"Ugh, whatever." You huffed indignantly, laying back down faced away from him. He chuckled quietly, continuing to play with your hair.

TW is over

pittsie:

⋆ You and Pitts were the definition of slow burn friends to lovers. You had been close friends since the day you met freshman year. It was currently junior year, and even with the thick romantic tension looming over the two of you, neither of you had confessed your feelings yet.

⋆ Although you and Pitts were close friends, you were also close with the other dead poets. You often confided in Neil about your feelings for Pitts. 

⋆ The two of you would regularly study in the library and discuss your feelings for Pitts and Neil's crush on his new roommate, Todd Anderson.

⋆ One time when Pitts was passing the library, he saw you and Neil hugging and got the wrong impression. He immediately felt stupid for ever thinking you might reciprocate the feelings he has for you. He felt even dumber for thinking he was good enough for you. In his mind, you deserved someone more outgoing and confident, like Neil. He began to distance himself from you in response to his insecure thoughts. This did not go unnoticed.

⋆ The entire group could feel a rift forming between you and Pitts. He stopped sitting next to you during meal times, he didn't ask you for help with Latin, and he stopped hanging out in your dorm. This change put a strain on the entire group, but it hit you the hardest. After a week of this awkward isolation, you decided to confront Pitts.

⋆ As Pitts was about to leave the common area, you stopped him.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" You questioned softly, your hand resting on his chest.

"Sorry y/n, but I'm wiped from the day. I was just heading to-"

"Please, it's important." He looked at you tiredly. "It'll be quick." He took a deep breath, but eventually gave in. He couldn't say no to you.

⋆ The entire group eyed the two of you as you both headed to your dorm.

⋆ Once you finally got to your room, you shut the door behind you.

"What's going on?" You asked him, your eyebrows knitted together.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on, don't play dumb with me," you replied, rolling your eyes. "You've been avoiding me this entire week, and I just want to know why. I miss my best friend." He could tell this had obviously upset you.

"Oh shit y/n, I didn't mean to upset you. Its just that... I just um... I..." He stammered, trying to explain how he was jealous of Neil without sounding crazy.

"You just...?" You started, trying to help him find his train of thought.

"It's just that you obviously like Neil, and I don't want to get in the way of-"

"I what?" You interrupted, totally confused. "Since when do I like Neil?"

"I- but- I saw you two hugging in the library."

"Oh my God," you groaned. "Pittsie, I do not like Neil."

He smiled shyly at the nickname, but quickly shook it off and continued with the questioning. "But why where you two hugging then?"

"Because," you replied pointedly, "I was asking him for advice on how to talk to my actual crush."

His expression quickly turned downcast, "Oh- well, I mean, you can always ask me about that."

"No, I actually can't."

His head snapped up. "Why not?"

"Because, your my crush."

He instantly blushed as you smiled cheekily. You stepped onto your tip toes and lightly kissed his cheek, then you started to head out of the room. As he stood there dazed and giddy, you came back in and leaned on the door frame.

"You coming or what?"

He finally shook himself back into reality, and started walking towards you. You gently grabbed his hand and led him back into the common area. Pitts rosy cheeks and your intertwined hands let everyone know that you guys did more than just make up.

════════════ ♡♥♡ ════════════