14 Home Sweet Home

I woke up to an empty room, dress taken off and Franky's jumper still on, I was sticky and I smelled of sweat, I looked into the mirror and I really wish I didn't, mascara was smothered under my eyes. I could tell Franky tried to take my makeup off, keyword tried. I stripped and had an extremely hot shower and tried to forget the words from last night. Within 10 minutes I had put a slight bit of makeup on, blow-dried my hair.

I had been thinking and I decided that I am going to visit my old pack today, visit Jacob, I feel absolutely horrible for leaving him. I made my way downstairs, thankful that I didn't run into my roommate or Grayson. After an hour of preparing, I had finally washed and got my bag ready before looking down to my arm, I could see that my ark that the witches mark was on, was now entirely purple, bruised to the bone. Not even my magic could fix the healing.

After a lot of thinking, and quick packing, I've decided I'm going to take Jacob and live in the village. My original plan, but in a different country, to escape all of this madness. He's right, I'm not fit to be a Luna. He will just take Belle and they will be happy, and I might find someone myself, I will open up a shop, maybe a small cafe where Jacob can work when he grows up, but it will have to be near a forest so he can turn when he turns 18 and then he will leave me to go find his mate, ugh I hate the whole idea of mates. I think I'm a witch, meaning Jacob and I can be immortal together, I don't have to be another person who's died on him.

Finally, my phone rang and I realised my breakfast was ready, I forced myself to eat all of it and quickly used the toilet. I grabbed my handbag and walked out of the glorious house, this pack had a large population, so there were, many houses, I walked for around 30 minutes when I reached the pack border, I made it look less suspicious by saying I was going to train with Franky outside the border.

.-.-.

I have now been walking for 3 hours and nobody has come after me. I have kept my phone on aeroplane mode. I hoped this made it so they couldn't track me, but just to be sure, I text Emerald and Franky goodbye. I gave no hint at where I was going, just that I left. Then I threw my phone into a lake.

.-.-.

13 hours later, I woke up by the lake that I had fallen asleep next to the night before, waking up, I didn't waste any time before putting Franky's jumper back on, something that I had used as a blanket, and began walking into the deep, deep forest. "Carolina!" I shouted into the forest. Her old, deceiving cottage appeared right away, within the clearing that it had been in before. I strode into the house, where she was writing a letter. Well, the pen was moving on its own. "You called?" I grumbled, before lifting my arm up, revealing the swelling arm.

"Ah, yes," She stood up her pen falling onto the ground. With one flick of her hand, the pain had disappeared, along with the swelling and the bruises. "I thought I would have had to start draining your blood already! It took you ever so long to get here," She sighed, moving to the kitchen.

"I was busy," I growled, staying relatively close to the door.

"As you should be, new Luna of the Timor pack," She mockingly bowed to me. "I'm here to revive my favour."

"I realised," I forced a bored tone into my voice. I've always hated witches. I couldn't believe that I was one.

"You're smarter than you look," She smiled, sitting back down onto her couch.

"How did you know when you were a witch?" I spoke casually resting my back on the door. She raised her eyebrow, taking a sip of her drink.

"What a weird question,"

I gulped, she can't know I'm a witch, I forced a bored expression onto my face, something I've seen Grayson do too many times. "Just making conversation,"

"Why would you want to make conversation? I can feel your hate for witches deep in your bones,"

"Are you going to answer?"

She stayed quiet for a while, silently looking at me. "400 years ago, when my mother died, she was a witch. I grabbed her dying hand, her magic flew into me. Soon after, my green magic healed cuts, I didn't need to wear glasses no longer and I was stronger," She shrugged. "I would kill my parents over and over again if it meant I could become a witch. It was the best thing that ever happened to me,"

Disgust flew through me. "That's why I don't like witches. So selfish, so infuriatingly-" Her green smog surrounded my throat

"Remember where you are Luna." She spat the name out so viciously, it felt more like an insult than a title. "I could kill you 10 times over if I wished too-"

"Then you couldn't cash in your favour" I spat out.

Her grimace twisted into a smile. "So smart indeed," She uttered, retracting her green smog, settling down on the couch. She said the next few words so casually.

"I want you to kill Alpha Grayson."