Sometimes Redemption is Given to Fools

song: monster by imagine dragons

"Hot damn!" Murphy says, laughing as he glances between Bellamy and me. "He really just did you in good." He murmurs, crouching down to my level.

I don't hesitate when I feel the rope break. I grip the knife tight and bring it to his throat.

"Let Bellamy go or I swear upon my life I will kill you this very instant, ever debt I have towards you forgotten." I hiss through my teeth. My hand ebbs to drive the blade into his jugular, but I stop myself.

He squints his eyes, watching me.

"You've been holding out on me, Hails." He chuckles.

I narrow my gaze and tilt my head, warning him.

He nods and puts his hands up. I stand with the knife still pressed up against his throat before grabbing the walkie. I momentarily take my eyes off of Murphy to grab it, which is my downfall.

As I am turning around to grab the walkie, I feel his hand twist my hand back and grab the blade. I go for the blade but stop myself when I see his position.

He stands with his foot pressed up against the box Bellamy is standing on, ready to kick it away from him.

"Make another move and he's dead." He says without thinking. "Oh wait." He chuckles. "After the whole schpeel about your demons, you probably couldn't care any less about this guy." He chuckles, patting Bellamy's arm.

Bellamy stays silent, watching me with a narrowed gaze.

I know I've hurt him, but it's better if he stays away.

"You're right," I say bringing my attention back to Murphy, surprising him. "I couldn't care any less about him, kill him if you like." I lie through my teeth, hoping to get Murphy away from him.

Murphy's face darkens playfully. "Now, now, Hails." He smiles, walking away from Bellamy. "I know you better than that." He grins fully before it drops at the sound of the dropship doors opening. His gaze returns to me before turning and kicking the box out from under Bellamy.

I go running towards Bellamy to save him, not paying attention to Murphy as he runs towards the ladder. I grab Bellamy's legs and try to lift them in the air, but he's too heavy.

"Bellamy!" Octavia yells as she, Jasper, and Elliot all come running in. Jasper grabs Bellamy's legs from me as I slice the noose, sending Bellamy and Jasper tumbling to the floor.

I drop to the floor and grab Bellamy's face with my hands on either side of his cheeks.

"Bell?" I ask, drowning out the rest of the world. My breaths fan across his face as he opens up his eyes slowly, blinking rapidly. I see him grimace before his eyes settle on me.

"Hailey?" He groans out, his voice scratchy. "Are you okay?" He murmurs, bringing his hand up to the side of my face.

A surprised exhale escapes me. "Doesn't matter," I answer, sitting up. "Murphy's on the second floor."

He perks up before standing with me.

"Murphy!" Murphy yells out. "Murphy! It's over! Murphy! There's only one way out of this for you now!"

"You wanna bet?" I hear him chuckle before a huge crash sends me to the floor.

I don't land on the floor of the dropship, though. I glance up and find Bellamy already looking at me, his arms wrapped around my middle.

He immediately unravels them and helps me up.

"Thanks," I murmur before climbing the ladder.

"Be careful, Hails," Elliot warns.

I throw open the hatch without any trouble and climb up.

I grimace at the sight. A huge hole has been ripped open on the side of the dropship.

"The guy knows how to make an exit." Elliot sighs, standing up next to me.

"Should we go after him?" Jasper asks, looking from me to Bellamy.

I shake my head. "No, let the grounders take care of him," I answer.

I see Bellamy nod before looking to Elliot. "Your wish is coming true, Parker." He nods towards him, causing my eyebrows to furrow. "We're going after Clarke, Finn, and Monty. You and Jasper were right. We don't abandon our own." He says, without looking at me. "Two guns... you and me."

"Anya said that they'd be returned without any harm done to them as soon as Clarke fixes Tris," I say, interrupting him.

Bellamy raises a brow. "You really believe that?"

"I want to." I sigh before nodding. "Yeah, okay, but I'm coming too." He begins to shake his head, but I interrupt him. "Together or not at all. That's it." I say, finalising the situation. He sighs, holding my gaze, before reluctantly nodding.

"Okay." He sighs. "Raven stays here to build up defences. We lost a day because of this, and our gunpowder." He says, going down the ladder with everyone following him. We exit the dropship as he yells out, "Raven!"

Then I remember the yelp of pain from the gunshot to the floor. "Raven," I murmur, before sprinting to the panel on the side of the dropship.

"Hailey!" Elliot yells out, running after me.

"All gunners! We got movement outside the south wall!" My walkie goes off but I don't hear it as I look into the darkness inside the panelling.

"Raven!" I yell, hoping for an answer, but instead, I get a groan of pain.

"Wait! Hold your fire! Clarke and Finn! Open the gate! Get in!" I perk up before running past a confused Elliot to find Clarke.

"CLARKE!" I scream out into the clearing, making everyone's eyes turn to me. "Raven's hurt under the dropship!" I see her face contort to a confused frown, but she doesn't ask any questions before she runs with me back to the panelling to find Elliot helping Raven walk towards us.

"Raven!" I gasp at her blood-soaked shirt.

"Oh my god." Clarke gasps at the blood before ordering Elliot to take her into the dropship. "What happened here?" She asks, turning around to face me.

"Murphy happened." I sigh before running into the dropship.

"Lift up her shirt." Clarke says, sighing, as Finn enters the dropship.

"Clarke, we need to leave, now." Finn says as Clarke inspects her wound. My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "All of us do. There's an army of grounders, unlike anything we've ever seen, coming for us right now. We need to pack what we can and run."

"Like hell we are." I respond with a hiss. "You think that Bellamy and I are going to follow you?" I scoff. "No way, we are staying and fighting here."

"She's right." Bellamy says as he enters, causing me to turn around and catch his gaze. My eyes trail down to his purple-and-black-bruised neck.

I have to shut my eyes to get my gaze off of the bruise.

He notices and, despite our declarations not twenty minutes before, he grabs my hand and squeezes, causing me to open my eyes in surprise.

Maybe we'll be okay.

-------------

A/N

Soooo I hope that this reignites your bailey ships <3

anyway i love you all and thank you for 10k this is absolutely insane

please eat and drink something,

abigail