Scully, You're Not Gonna Believe This

song for this chapter: ends of the earth by lord huron

AS SOON AS MY FEET HIT the ground, my mouth falls open. I don't know what I imagined earth to smell or feel like but it isn't what I had pictured. I look around to try and find Elliot, Murphy or Finn, but I have no luck. I walk over to Clarke as she and Wells have always been smart.

I'm about a foot away when Wells collides into me. I would have thought that he would at least pushed me or punched me but he's hugging me. My eyes widen but I hesitantly return the bone-crushing hug.

He pulls away a few seconds later, "I found out what happened with your sister a while back but I couldn't come to visit." His face screws up in sadness as he shakes his head. "I wish I could've seen you sooner to tell you that I'm sorry about her." He notices my grimace but still continues on. "I know it was four years ago but I still wanted to sa-"

I cut him off, "It's fine, Wells. Really, I'm okay." I smile reassuringly. I never have had a problem with Wells, it was Clarke that I didn't like. She would always ridicule me on small things that in her eyes were catastrophic. One time, in the skybox, I had stolen a couple pieces of metal to make a bracelet with. She found out somehow and she told her mother, which resulted in solitary for a week.

I look over at Clarke and decide that I would try to be civil. I see that she is looking at a map.

"What are you looking for? The compound that Jaha said we landed on?" I ask her.

She looks up at me with hidden disgust but it is replaced by a blank stare, "Yeah." She pauses, "Do you see that peak over there?" She points at it.

I nod, turning my gaze to look at the mountain, and mutter, "Yeah."

She sighs and looks down at the map, "There's a radiation soaked forest between us and our next meal." She looked up at Finn, who I didn't even know had arrived, and said, "They dropped us on the wrong damn mountain." I clench my jaw and sigh.

Some time after the other three dispersed, I climb a tree and look out over the group of delinquents. Something hits my shoe, making me glance down and see Elliot. I chuckle as he throws an acorn up at me. 

"Look what I found!" He smiles before trying to climb the tree but inevitably failing, making me come down. "I could have totally done that." He says quietly once I get down. 

I snort. "Sure you could have." I sigh as my mind wanders. 

 I have a lot of questions for the council, for my dad, for my now deceased mother but they can wait.

My thoughts are broken when I hear Wells yell at Murphy. I glance at Elliot before we both take off running to Wells and push him off of the boy, "Back off, Wells." I mutter.

He nods and goes to back up when Murphy pushes his shoulder. I scoff, and I raise my eyebrows when he hears my scoff.

"What's your problem Hailey? Huh?" He walks up to me and shoves me.