Chapter 9 - An Awkward Dinner with the Royal Family

****** Henry's Point of View *****

Henry sat down at the head of the long rectangular dining table that his mother and younger sister and brother were already seated at.

His older sister Joan went to take the seat to his right and he put his hand out.

"Let's save the seat next to me for my guest. She will be joining us for dinner tonight."

Joan raised an eyebrow and smiled without saying a word. Henry knew what she was thinking. He had never invited a woman to have dinner privately with the royal family before.

"It's not like that Joan

"It's not like that Joan. She's a friend. Nothing more."

"Mhhmmmm," Joan nodded, not looking convinced.

The large wooden doors to the dining hall opened and his guard dressed in full armor entered and stepped to the side. Standing there behind him was Eleanor. She was wearing a long, white satin dress that hugged her curves and was cinched at the waist with golden lace and it had a wide neckline and long lacy bell sleeves. The top half of her long blonde hair was pulled up on top of her head into a crown braid that was secured with a white silk ribbon and the bottom half of her hair was laying in long blonde curls that reached down to her waist. She was so beautiful that she took his breath away. She looked absolutely stunning.

Eleanor kept her head down as she walked towards the table hesitantly and Henry could tell how nervous she was so he stood up and walked over, holding his hand out to her

Eleanor kept her head down as she walked towards the table hesitantly and Henry could tell how nervous she was so he stood up and walked over, holding his hand out to her. Without looking up she slid her hand into his and he led her over to a seat at the table beside his. She stood behind the seat, patiently waiting for Henry to sit down first. He did and then he motioned for her to sit down and she waited for the attendant to pull the seat out for her before she slowly sat in it, folding her napkin across her lap and then waiting.

He was surprised at how well she was doing. He had honestly expected much worse from someone who had never had a governess.

"Eleanor, I'd like to introduce you to my family. This is my mother Mary Margaret, my older sister Joan, my younger sister Guinevere and the youngest is my brother Richard."