CHAPTER 1

Jia leafed over to the next page as her cell phone vibrated in the bed beside her. It was Joong Ki, her elder brother.

He had just come back to Italy from South Korea, and apparently some of the family members would be moving to Seoul to take over a few things for the family business.

Knowing the aspect of their family business, she knew it wouldn't be neat. The Kims too would also be joining the meeting, as they were almost family by now.

Bookmarking the page, she pocketed her phone, before making her way out of the room, as she met Moon Young, her eldest sister-in-law by the stairs.

"Are we having a meeting already? Is it that urgent?" asked Jia, frowning, as they hugged each other in greeting.

It must be. Gang Tae has been stressed out about it lately, she said, as they reached the family room, where others were waiting.

This was not a typical family room, nor was this family a typical one.

The Songs and Kims were one of the oldest Mafia families in Italy, and though both the families had been close friends of each other for years, they had recently become much closer because of the marriage.

Speaking of marriage, Jia looked around for her husband, failing to find him in the midst.

"Taehyung is just outside, he'll come soon." said Hoseok, Taehyung's elder brother, noticing her gaze.

"Oh. Alright." said Jia, as she went to greet Joong Ki.

For both the families, it was quite an occasion, probably the most exciting one after your marriage, which had somehow led to 10 deaths, which your husband told you quite later.

And that was the last time she had asked him, to neve lie to her.

Speaking of her husband, she looked up instinctively as he walked in along with his right hand Jimin.

Giving a subtle nod in her direction, Tae went to greet her elder brother first as she went back to talking with Moon who was talking about the next book that was going to be published.

For both the families, their parents had retired to a carefree lifestyle, leaving their children to carry out the familys duty, obligations and legacies. Well not exactly carefree, but almost.

On her side, which was before marriage, the Songs, she had three elder brothers, Min Ho, who was currently in Busan, looking after the established family business along with Gang Tae, her second eldest brother. Then came Joong Ki, who took care of international matters of the business.

Min Ho's and Joong Ki's wife were both practicing lawyers in Italy, and as she mentioned earlier Gang Tae's wife was an author.

Then came her, the only sister, and she was set to start her college after a few months in Seoul, and after her came the youngest of the family, Jung Kook.

And not to forget the fact that she got married two years ago, well one and a half exactly, to the youngest son of the Kims. To Kim Taehyung, her husband, who right now was making his way towards her.

The Kims' whole mafia empire was managed by their three sons along with their right men, who were equally respected, seeing as they all were of the same age group and practically grew up together.

The eldest being Jin, along with his right hand man Namjoon, then came Hoseok, along with his right hand man Yoongi, and then was the youngest Taehyung.

"Hey!!" whispered Tae, softly brushing his lips on her temple, as she squeezed his forearm in greeting, before turning to face him. As always, he looked exceptional in a suit, and fuck her life upside down.