Chapter 73

"Miss Reina!" Lazark immediately tries to help her as she crashes on the sand. She huffs before brushing the sand off of her.

"You're bleeding!" Reina aggressively wipes off the blood on the corner of her mouth. She looks at all of them before releasing a sigh of relief knowing that they are all alive with no serious injury. They were wounded and exhausted, but alive nonetheless. Reina nods at Lunark, acknowledging her help in the battle.

"Now, where is he?" She asked to no one in particular. Before anyone can answer her, a loud rumble was heard a few miles away from them.

"Is that where my husband is fighting?" Reina asked. She tries to reach out to him with their bond but she cannot find his rationality.

"We should join him quickly." Lunark stated.

"No... you'll only get caught in it." Reina walks towards the area where a burst of manic laughter can be heard.

~~~

"Why don't you give it a rest and give me my body back?" Frankenstein sighs as the souls in the Dark Spear screeches at him.

"Never!"

"We'll never do that!"

"This isn't over... not yet."

He shakes his head at them.

"Now now, let me remind you that this is just a temporary loan. You've whined about some imposter annoying y'all and begged me to lend my body for a bit, but now you're pretending that this is a permanent deal."

Frankenstein already knows that these souls are just looking for an opportunity to wholly devour him. But their annoyance towards Crombel and the doctor's insults towards the deranged weapon is very much genuine. He had no choice but to let them have at him.

"And talk about how you're sticking to sheer force like some brainless troll... you think that's gonna work?" He shrugs, taunting them.

"We will not lose to some imposter of a power." The soul spat like the words are poison in their tongue.

"But too bad. Looks like that guy's gonna pummel your rear end real good."

"No! No!" A voice cried out.

"That imposter has used extra power!" Another exclaims, disgusted at how Crombel used a curse stone to gain be stronger.

"That's right... we need more power."

"Well, in order to make use of the power I gained from my contract with Master and from my bond with Reina, you're gonna have to give me my body back." He shrugs at him, smirking at how desperate the souls are getting.

Frankenstein frowns when a familiar voice called out to him.

"My wife..."

"Yes... more power." A voice giggles chillingly before looking at the source of great power, Reina.

"No!" Frankenstein stands up from the throne that the souls gave him. He tries to claw his way out, fighting the will of the souls to take back the control they have on his body.

~~~

(Miss Reina, the kids... they know.) Tao reported.

"And...? Their reactions...?" Reina purses her lips.

(They asked if they are still your friends.) Reina sighs as a smile blooms on her face.

"Of course." 

(They also met Sir Muzaka who introduces himself... he informs them that he's a werewolf and that he's a friend of yours and Sir Raizel's for centuries.)