Chapter 3 - Under The Table Shenanigans

Lucifer's POV

"She doesn't seem to be affected by my charms at all!"

Linda watches as I pace back and forth in front of the couch. She opens her mouth to speak but I cut her off.

"What if Dad sent her? This is probably all part of his big 'plan'."

Linda presses her lips together, trying not to show her annoyance, and lets me finish my rant.

"It would make sense like how he sent the detective in my life. Look how that turned out." I scoff. I look up at Linda, waiting for her advice on the situation.

"Can I talk now?"

"Yes, yes, it's what I pay you for." I wave a hand dismissively at her and finally take a seat.

She tries not to roll her eyes as she asks, "Why do you think your father sent... this (Y/n) you speak of?"

"To get back at me, of course!" I exclaim like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"To get back at you for...?"

"For not taking my rightful place in Hell."

Linda stays silent for a few, trying to choose her next words carefully.

"Lucifer, do you think that maybe she's just a normal girl who can just resist your charms very easily?"

I look at her dumbfoundedly.

"Does this still work?" I point to my face as I stare at her.

"Yeah. Oh yeah." She says and I can see she's restraining herself.

I sigh in defeat. "What do you think I should do then, Doctor?"

"Just be you, Lucifer. Maybe she'll open up to you."

I think about her words and my eyes light up with an idea.

"So you're saying that I should seduce her until she succumbs to my charms?"

"No, that's not what—"

"Brilliant!" I get up and walk out of the office with determination.

Linda sighs. "Why do I even bother?"

Your POV

I laugh at the video Jimmy showed me. It's a video of a little girl coming up to a "stuffed bear" but it turns out someone's inside the bear and they scare her, causing her to cry and run away.

"That's not funny, it's mean!" Willow exclaims as she expresses her pity to the little girl.

I continue to laugh though and Lewis joins in too.

"You're gonna go to hell for laughing at that." Jimmy chuckles.

"Who's gonna go to Hell for laughing at what?" A familiar British accent says as they approach our lunch table.

We all look up to see Lucifer Morningstar come over and take a seat at our lunch table right next to me. We all look at each other and I burst out laughing again.

"Show him the video." Lewis nudges Jimmy.

"It was on my phone," Jimmy mutters, not wanting to get in trouble.

Mr. Morningstar hears anyway and waves a hand dismissively at him. "I don't care about that silly little rule."

"Best teacher ever!" Willow exclaims.

Mr. Morningstar smirks and winks at her. I swear I thought she was gonna faint. I roll my eyes at her and shake my head.

I manage to calm myself down as Jimmy passes the phone to him and I lean in closer to watch the video again. Mr. Morningstar chuckles at the video as I try not to laugh again but fail.