Chapter 8 - Quality Time Together

"Lucifer!"

I burst through his classroom door, causing him to jump in his seat.

"Bloody hell! Do you knock?"

I knock on the door twice and he rolls his eyes at my sarcastic gesture.

"I need your..." I stop myself as I finally get a good look at him.

He's leaning really close into his desk like he's hiding something.

"Yes, yes, what is it? I'm rather busy right now." He asks impatiently.

I raise an eyebrow at him.

'Huh. He's usually never too busy for me considering he always bothers me.'

"What you hiding behind that desk Lucifer?" I ask with a smirk. I walk towards him and I see his phone is open on something. I look back up to meet Lucifer's eyes and I quickly grab his phone before he does. "Oh. My. God."

"I certainly don't see how my father is involved in this." He comments.

I roll my eyes. "I can't believe you right now. Are you seriously watching porn on the school WiFi?"

"Of course not! That would be stupid!"

"And jacking off in your unlocked classroom isn't?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

He rolls his eyes and huffs. "For your information, I was using my data." He says, holding his hand out for his phone. I hand it back to him and turn around.

"Hurry up and fix yourself up. I need your help with an assignment that's due tomorrow."

"Well, I was hoping you could help me with a problem of my own, love." I hear Lucifer smirk from behind me.

"Lucifer!" I yell at him as I feel my face start to heat up.

"What? Not even a little peek?"

I groan. "Lucifer, I swear I'm gonna kill you."

"I'm immortal, love. You can't kill me." He chuckles and I hear him zip up his zipper.

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion but choose to ignore his comment like I usually do. I turn around.

"So can you help me?"

"Yes, yes, anything for you love."

I cheer a silent 'yay' before placing my backpack on an empty seat and taking my iPad out. Lucifer walks out from behind his desk and comes up beside me. I take a seat and he towers over me, making me a little nervous.

"Okay, so it's a writing assignment for this book we read called 'The Things They Carried' by Tim O'Brien. The teacher gave us a few prompts to choose from so I want to do this certain prompt where I write my view on one event and you write your view on that same event. I was thinking maybe I could write about the day we met." I look up at him expectantly to see what he thinks.

"That sounds brilliant, love, but I have to ask, why is this assignment due tomorrow?"

I nervously laugh. "So about that... it was assigned a week ago... but I kinda blew it off until the last minute like usual. It shouldn't take that long to write and if I'm late to practice then my excuse is I was getting help, which I am." I smile triumphantly.

Lucifer chuckles. "Let's get started, shall we?"

He takes a seat next to me and I pull out my phone to put a playlist on while we work. We decide to do Lucifer's part first since I can write my part without him.

He shakes his head. "Let me write it. I want you to be surprised."

I shrug. "Alright, but remember to write it in third person. Also just so you know this might be shared with the class if the teacher picks me."