Mephone4 x child reader || shrieks in the night

Keys:
O/n = Object Name
—————————————————

"DADDY!" Their voice shrieked in a panicked tone, in the middle of the night.

Mephone4 just exhaustedly sighed before pushing the covers off of his body and got up from his bed.

He already knew what was wrong, since this happens every few weeks. "Monster!" They shrieked once more, confirming Mephone4's prediction on the problem.

He just quietly walked from his room and into the hallway, as they kept screaming his name.

"There's a monster!" They yelled as he tiredly opened their bedroom door, revealing his (5-7) year old child, (O/n). They hid their face under the covers as they yelled.

"Monster!" Mephone4 sighed once more and told them, still quite tired. "No, no, no. There's no monster.."

"Yes there is!" They whined from under their covers. He just tiredly walked over to the child's bed and sat on the foot of it.

"I promise you that there are no monsters, daddy doesn't make mistakes when generating an entire house," He rubbed his face as he spoke, seeing that the kid slowly peaks from under the covers.

They quietly whimpered. "P-promise..?"

"Promise.." He tiredly smiled at his kid. They then asked him, quietly fiddling with their sheets.

"Will you at least check?" He slowly nodded, another soft and exhausted sigh leaving his mouth before he stood from the bed.

Nothing will be there, and I can go back to sleep. Mephone4 told himself in his own head as he then slowly bent down, now on his knees. He looked under the gap on the bed.

Mephone4 immediately gasped. It wasn't the best gasp, since he was still as tired as he will probably be in his entire life. But he managed to scare (O/n) in the process.

"WHAT?!" They shrieked, kicking at their sheets in fear. He then quickly got up from his knees, and quietly yelled to the kid.

"It's an alligator!" He chuckled as soon as that statement left his mouth as he held a stuffed alligator plushie.

(O/n)'s scream quickly turned into laughter after that, as Mephone4 then pretended to attack them with the plushie. 

"Noooo!!" They yelled, slapping the stuffed alligator, now giggling. He just smiled as they giggled, before they then snatched the stuffed plushie out of his robotic hands.

"There, no monsters," Mephone4 sighed, patting the child's head softly. They then giggled one last time, before their small smile slowly disappearing.

"Alright, daddy's gonna go to bed now," He smiled, then slowly walking out of their bedroom.

But as soon as the phone made it into the hallway, he heard quick paced footsteps from behind him, along with feeling the small child quickly cling onto one of his legs.

"Daddy!" They whimpered, now snuggling his leg. Mephone4 just let out another sigh and kept walking, just dragging the child by his robotic leg.

This kid can sometimes be too much... He thought. His body is strong enough to pick up the kid, but it isn't strong enough to pick up the kid with nothing but his leg.

He walked all the way to his bedroom and immediately flopped onto his bed, the kid falling onto the bed with him.

They quickly crawled away from his leg and to his screen, letting him rest his hand on the top of their head.

"Night, (O/n).." He softly kissed their forehead.

They smiled and snuggled their face into his screen, still hugging the alligator plushie. He soon fell asleep after that.