Chapter 6

---Ollie's POV---

It's been a few days since we've been stuck in this church. We have all been living off of baloney, which was starting to make me sick. Johnny cut his hair and bleached mine. Pony just washed the grease out of his and cut it shorter.

"How come I'm the only one that got their hair bleached?" I ask, while Johnny and Pony were bleaching it.

"Because, you would look adorable and Pony and I didn't want to bleach our hair" Johnny said.

I huff and pout. Pony chuckles and runs the bleach through my hair. "It'll be fine, you'll look cute. Trust me" He says.

After a while, they finally finish and make me wait before rinsing it with water. We walk back into the church and start playing a card came. Well, Johnny and Pony did. I didn't know how to play so I just sat and watched. 

Pony was about to light a cancer stick but I took it out of his mouth before he could. "No smoking. It stinks" I say and put it away. He pouted but nodded and continued playing. Soon we all got tired and laid down. Pony laying on an old bench and Johnny propping his head up with his jacket. 

I wasn't tired so I just sat outside for a little. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't see a car pull up in front of the church until I heard someone call my name.

"Ollie? Is that you" Dally chuckled. I ran up to him and hugged him. He pulled away and ruffled my hair. "Never thought that you would become blonde. You look cute" He said.

Looking away and mumbling a quiet 'thank you', he walks into the church and wakes Pony and Johnny up. "You guys wanna go to Dairy Queen and grab a bite to eat?" Dally asks. "I'll pay"

Before we leave, I grab an extra dollar or two and we all quickly agree and jump into Dally's car.

I get into the back with Pony and we speed off. Johnny and Pony try to get Dally to slow down but it's no use.

Arriving, we all get a burger and Pony and I share a shake. Halfway through talking, a little girl and what I'm assuming is her brother come up to the car. Dally, quickly puts on his sunglasses and Johnny turns away.

"Excuse me sir, do you have any spare money for food?" She asks. 

Dally looks at her annoyed. "No, now scram" He says,

"But sir-" 

"Didn't you hear me. Leave" He says and sighs.

Before the little girl could leave, I grab her arm. She turns around quickly. I reach into my pockets and pull out the extra money from before. Her face brightens and grabs the money.

"Thank you so much sir!" She says and gives me a quick hug. 

"No problem, have a nice day" I say and continue eating my burger. I look over at Pony and see him staring at me. "What?" I ask.

Dally and Johnny turn towards me. "I can't believe you did that Ollie" Dally says, taking off his sunglasses. "What, you were being a meanie and I wanted to help" I said. Johnny laughs and Dally smiles, looking at me. "Meanie? Is that all you've got?" He asks, smirking. 

"No, but I feel like being nice today" I say.

I finally turn towards Pony. He smiles fondly at me and pulls me closer. "How'd I get so lucky?" He asks and pulls me in for a kiss. Kissing back gently, I wrap my arms around him. 

"Ahem! There are still people here. If you would mind not making out in my car, that would be great" Dally said, glaring at Pony. I take a sip of the shake and then give some to Pony. 

"I'm thinking about turning myself in" Johnny says. 

"What! You can't! We have a rumble coming up and we need you there" Dally says. "Jail hardens ya Johnny, you can't go through what I did"

"What's a rumble?" I ask, looking at Dally.

"Nothing, don't worry about it" He says. 

Driving back to the church we see that there was smoke coming from the hill. Coming closer, we see the church on fire and a group of kids and two adults. "Jerry, some of the kids are missing!" Yells the woman. The chubby man says something I couldn't hear and I quickly jump out of the car. 

"OLLIE" I hear Pony yell. 

"You guys better get back in this car right now!" I hear Dally yell. 

Throwing a rock at the window, I climb through and search around for the kids. Smoke started to fill our lungs. 

"Is that guy coming?" I ask, coughing. 

"Nah," Johnny said. "Too fat" 

I chuckle and then walk around trying to wave the smoke out of my face. Finding the kids in the back, we quickly walk over to them. Some of them were yelling.

"Hey, you're going to be okay. We'll get you out" I say and they stop screaming. Pony pushed the window open and I started handing kids to Pony, who handed them to Johnny, who just threw them out the window. I started to pick up one kid but he just bit me before I could hand him to Pony.

I sighed at heard Dally yelling at us to get out. As we were at the last kid, Johnny hopped out of the building along with Pony. I was getting towards the window before my leg got caught.

All I heard was wood creaking and then it became hot, too hot. "PONY!" I yelled but I came out as a whisper as my voice was sore from inhaling the smoke. The roof caving in and suddenly collapses. 

It suddenly became too much and my breathing was jagged. I started coughing from the smoke and then I blacked out. 

Hey, how's your day?

-Isimpforbokuto