Chapter 77

“Do you not want the apple?” Standing for a while, Lin Ji reminded Rong Qing helplessly.

He pretty much guessed it. Rong Qing probably dazed off again.

“Ah? Oh.” Rong Qing instinctively accepted the apple.

He lowered his head to take a look. The wrapping was very refined, not like the rough Christmas eve apples sold on the vendors on the street. He could practically see the water drops on its surface.

“Happy Christmas eve.” Seeing him accept, Lin Ji quietly let out a sigh of relief. He was slightly worried what he’d do if Rong Qing didn’t want it.

?

Why did he sigh in relief?

Rong Qing was puzzled. Then he looked at the apple in his hand. Lin Ji’s line of sight followed over. Rong Qing suddenly realized.

Was the wolf pup afraid he didn’t want the gift? No way? Was he that insecure of himself? That shouldn’t be! The wolf pup was so good, what’s he afraid of? He was an extremely rare good top in this book!

As Rong Qing thought, he took out the apple and wiped it.

Then he took a big bite.

Aye! Did you see? Daddy ate it! Now you can feel relieved?

Lin Ji really didn’t think Rong Qing would eat the apple right in front of him! However, he saw Rong Qing’s face, which had ‘look how good I am to you, you can be at ease’ written all over it, and couldn’t hold back from smiling.

Really. Everything that Rong Qing did always made him feel surprised, but it also made Lin Ji like him a little more.

“?” Rong Qing was blinded momentarily by his smile.

Why did he suddenly do that??

Lin Ji looked at him again, and determined that Rong Qing didn’t have any plans to invite him in. Although a little disappointed, he still put his mask back on: “Then I’m going back now. Get some good rest.”

??? Huh?

Squeezing the apple, Rong Qing became dumbfounded.

You came just to give me an apple??? You’re not… not coming in to do… sit for a while? (Note: Pretty sure RQ originally meant to say,  coming in to do it, but then changed it to sit.)

Lin Ji exhaled a puff of cold air, then noticed that Rong Qing only wore a changshan. He took off his scarf and wrapped it around Rong Qing. “The weather is cold. You should go back inside.”

So warm. And it had a light fragrance. The cologne the wolf pup bought, really suited his taste.

Rong Qing subconsciously thought. When he returned from his thoughts, Lin Ji already turned and was ready to go. Rong Qing hurriedly called to stop him.

“Wait a second for me!”

Lin Ji stopped his footstep, his gaze carried a bit of anticipation.

Was Rong Qing going to…

He just gained a hint of anticipation when Rong Qing split the apple in half right in front of him. Even though Lin Ji felt like he already understood Rong Qing, he still was surprised by Rong Qing’s action.

With a kacha sound! Direct and efficient!

Rong Qing felt pleased with himself.

As expected of me. This skill, perfect!

Rong Qing handed over half of the apple: “Aye, you didn’t receive any apples from people right? Adding your fortune and my fortune together, I'm sharing half with you. Happy Christmas eve.” Although he was technically giving back half of Lin Ji’s present to him, the thought was what mattered!