Chapter 6~

Shubman was sitting and swaying on the swing at their terrace. It was 12a.m and he was watching a lecture video which Virat had sent him. It has been more than three weeks that they had moved to Jaipur, and with each passing days they were getting accustomed to the lifestyle out here, slowly but steadily.

"Since Choroid Plexus is a vascular structure in the ventricles of the brain that produces cerebrospinal fluid, so that means we should...."he was uttering on his own when suddenly Taara ran towards him coming out of the darkness.

"What the hell? You scared me!"he said jumping down from the swing and she came and held his hands tightly while saying,"ghost! ghost!"

"What? Where?"he asked getting shocked.

"I heard that same sound which you had described few weeks back,"Taara replied while panting.

"Okay calm down! You also heard it from underground or what?"Maan asked.

"Yes! I went to the washroom and then went to the kitchen for drinking water, at that moment I heard a lady crying somewhere. And I ran upstairs to your room. But you were not there so I came here as this is your second favourite place in the house,"Taara said.

"Tell me something did you see Taiji?"Maan asked and Taara nodded a no and said,"chal niche jaake dekhte hain."

"Jiji had asked us not to search that lady again!"Maan protested.

"She had also asked us not to roam around the house at night unless needed. Main toh phirbi paani peene gayi thi, tu yaha kiyu baitha hain?"Taara argued.

"I was studying okay!"Maan replied with a frown.

"You always study. Kabhi toh kuch aur kiya karr. Guitar bhi nahi bajata hain abhi, gaana bhi nahi gaata hain. Jab dekho parhai parhai. Anyways, now come with me. We will find out that mystery lady today itself,"Taara said while pulling Shubman along.

"Fine! But pakde gaaye toh I'll put the blame on you!"Maan said while closing the terrace's door.

"Selfish brat! Fine! Do as you please,"Taara said while walking behind him.

"Oye! why are you hiding behind me?"

"So that if it's a ghost then it will attack you first!"

"You're the real selfish vamp!"Maan said and hit her head and she hit him back when they heard a sound.

It was a faint sound of an utensil or something like that, which had been thrown on the floor, or rather, which had fallen down from somewhere.

They tiptoed to the ground floor and crossed the patio, following the sound of the cries which were evident still now. Someone was pleading for something. But who was it? The duo found a faint light coming from the corner of the passage, the storeroom's door was open.

"Someone's there!"

"Shh! Taara, we have to be careful."

"Fine!"

They peeped into the room to find nobody, but a trapdoor on the floor was open, and there was stairs leading to the underground.

"Gotcha!"Taara said.

"Eureka! We found it,"Maan said and they tiptoed down the stairs.

"Chup ho jaa chhori! Kaha se lau thaare Veer ko? Voh zinda na se!"Rajeshwari was saying to a young girl whose pale face was beautiful, but it had pain on it. And she was in a dishevelled state.

"Who is she?"Taara whispered to Shubman who said,"maybe Taiji's daughter!"

"Mujhe Veer chaiye! Mera Veer zinda hain! Mujhe jaane doh mere Veer ke paas!"that girl said while throwing away a glass of water which Rajeshwari was holding in front of her, and was trying to give her a medicine.