Chapter Two

"Why didn't you kiss me?" Kai asked.

"Huh?" Roan was even more confused now.

"I know you're not homophobic, because well, your moms, duh, and you're bi, but.. you didn't kiss me," Kai paused, "You kissed Derek. You were fine kissing Derek. A guy. So, you're not completely repulsed by the idea of kissing a dude. But when it was our turn.. you left. You got pissed and left."

"So?" Roan asked, Kai's rant didn't help in making anything clear for him.

"So? So?!" Kai raised his voice slightly, "Why not me? Am I that disgusting?"

"What? No, what the fuck. You're not disgusting, except for when you don't take a shower after football.." Roan shook his head slightly when Kai narrowed his eyes at him, "Not the point. Got it. You're not disgusting. You're my best friend."

"Then why didn't you kiss me? Why'd you stop the game and leave?" Kai asked again.

"Because you're my best friend." Roan furrowed his brows, still puzzled at the exchange going on.

"So, is kissing a stranger or some dude that's your lab partner better than kissing your best friend? What's that logic?" Kai huffed.

"Huh? Logic.. what? Why are you so pissed about it?" Roan asked.

"You're an idiot.." Kai sighed, "Why can't you just answer my question? Why didn't you want to kiss me?"

"Because you're my best friend, and I know you're straight," Roan said, "I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable or pressured to kiss a guy."

"I.. You.. But.." Kai stuttered, making Roan frown slightly.

Roan knew what was going on. Whenever Kai was upset about something, the boy would get utterly confused and couldn't frame his thoughts into words. He had trouble talking about what was bothering him, so Roan knew he had to be patient.

"Take your time, frame your thoughts," Roan said, "Then tell me what's bothering you."

"I just want to know why you didn't kiss me, but kissed Derek." Kai frowned.

"I already told you." Roan answered.

"Bullshit," Kai rolled his eyes, getting angry again, "Just fuck off."

"Hey!" Roan furrowed his brows as Kai tried to walk away again.

Roan caught Kai's arm once more, and pulled him back. He pressed Kai against the wall, one hand grabbing his arm and the other resting on the wall beside the boy's head, making it clear that he wasn't going to let Kai go anywhere until they cleared the issue.

"Don't be an asshole." Roan said.

"Me?" Kai huffed, "You're the asshole!"

"But I didn't do anything.." Roan mumbled.

"Exactly!"

"You're impossible at times." Roan sighed.

"Just fuck off, Roan!" Kai said.

Roan didn't say anything at he watched his best friend fuming. They were close, really close and Roan could smell the alcohol on Kai's breath. The brunette didn't drink much, but he was a lightweight. And a very frustrating drunk.

They were silently looking into each other's eyes, with Kai's staggered breathing and Roan's calm exterior. Nobody said anything as Kai's eyes fell to Roan's lips, like they did a while back during the game. Roan's eyes followed, as he watched Kai lick his lower lip again.

"Kiss me." Kai said.

"Why?" Roan asked.

"Why not?" Kai questioned back.