one-hundred-thirty-five

CHARLES LECLERC AND SOFIE PETERSON'S RELATIONSHIP: A COMPLETE TIMELINE

With an insight into the highlights, the struggles, the rumours and the future.

November 2025, @GLAMOUR

‍   

‍   

Charles Leclerc and Sofie Peterson started dating around the end of July 2021. The relationship came as an utter surprise to everyone. While they started out innocent, the pair quickly became one of the world's most beloved couples. How did we get here? Here's a complete timeline of Charles Leclerc and Sofie Peterson's relationship.

May 2021
The pair were first spotted together in the beginning of May 2021. Peterson and Leclerc supposedly met on a night out in Monte Carlo. That night clearly led to much more than just a quick kiss in a dancing crowd. A picture of them confirmed the mysterious identity of 'the girl'; vague and blurry, yet corroborate enough to know that the two had an amazing time together and were both clearly thirsting for more. They quickly found each other on social media, Instagram to be exact, and liked and commented back and forth for a while. Leclerc's flirtation started with a simple comment under one of Peterson's posts: "wow".

June 2021
The social media lovefest continues. Of course Leclerc's fans refuse to let their flirty behaviour go by unnoticed. Both remain silent about what is blooming between them. Though, mid June, Peterson attends the Monaco Grand Prix and the two are later spotted out together. Peterson and Leclerc are photographed again weeks later, shamelessly sharing a passionate kiss on the streets of Monte Carlo. Later that month, Leclerc is present at Peterson's birthday party. The couple is rumoured to have become official that day, but nothing is confirmed by either.

July — August 2021Fans get excited when Peterson is seen at the Silverstone Grand Prix, which is also the day that the couple finally confirms their love on social media

July — August 2021
Fans get excited when Peterson is seen at the Silverstone Grand Prix, which is also the day that the couple finally confirms their love on social media. Leclerc reveals an adorable photo of the two kissing. A day later, the real PDA begins. Peterson and Leclerc flaunt their romance all over the streets of London. They are caught kissing in the car, photographed by TMZ. Later in August, Peterson's debut album is released with multiple songs that intelligibly reference to her current love-life. These include: "just friends", "feels like", "the bottom" and "crush" — the latter being a slight-upbeat song about her evolving feels for Leclerc. It only confirms her blooming love for the driver.