Chapter 29 - The Battle of the Bind

After breakfast she decided to go on a jog to clear her head. Jogging next to these beautiful snow-capped mountains and a sparkling lake was amazing. This place literally was like heaven on earth. She finally got back to the cabin and she was glistening with sweat and panting. 

Axel was sitting on the bed in just his boxer briefs but she avoided looking at him as she grabbed some clean clothes out of her suitcase and headed into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. Even seeing him hurt now. She just wanted to get as far away from this resort and him as she could. 

While she was in the shower she heard the door handle jiggle and then Axel knocked. 

"I'll be out in a little bit and then you can have the bathroom," she called out. When she got out she washed her face and brushed her teeth before putting on a pair of jeans and a tight white t-shirt. Her phone dinged and it was a group text from Mr. Tipton. 

'It's time for the Battle of the Bind. Grab your significant other and head for the lounge in 30 minutes. May the best team win!

 She opened the door and Axel stood up off the bed and walked over to her, leaning down for a kiss but she turned her head. 

"Sorry, you haven't brushed your teeth yet and you have whiskey breath," she said, sidestepping him and passing by him. "I just got a text. We're supposed to head over to the Lodge in 30 minutes for the Battle of the Bind. You need to get ready so I'll just meet you over there," she told him before slipping her phone into her back pocket and heading out the door. 

She sat in the lodge by the fire place responding to emails on her phone for the next 30 minutes until the room was completely full of people. Imani plopped down next to her on the couch and said, "Man it sure would be nice to win that trip to Bora Bora." 

"Well I hope you guys win," she told her with a smile. 

She meant that to. She really didn't feel like going on a trip alone with Axel any more. 

"Ok. Grab your partners and let's head outside," Mr. Tipton said. 

She stood up and spotted Axel across the room talking to Dante and a few other men. She walked outside and figured he would find her when he was ready. She didn't really care. She was just over it. 

A few minutes later Axel walked over next to her and bent down to give her a kiss but she turned her head so it landed on her cheek. 

"What's wrong?" he asked. 

"Nothing. I just think I'm starting to come down with something and I don't want you to catch it." 

"Oh, okay," he said, looking at her like he didn't believe her. 

"Okay teams! For our first challenge you're going to tie one of your legs to one of your partner's legs and race through this obstacle course. The couple with the best time wins," Mrs. Tipton announced, handing out rope to each of the couples. 

Axel took the rope and started tying his right leg to her left leg, and she stood there with her hands on her hips and looked away. She couldn't stand to look at him right now. Even having to be tied to him, smelling how good he smelled was like torture. 

As luck would have it they were the last couple to go so they stood there watching the others in silence. When he tried to talk to her she said she had a headache and didn't feel like talking. 

Finally it was their turn. They went up to the starting line and when the alarm buzzed to go, she wasn't feeling it. She wasn't trying very hard so she was slowing them down. Axel noticed and he did something she didn't expect. He bent down and wrapped an arm around her waist, lifting her body to his side and ran the obstacle course by himself, carrying her.