forty-two

THIS IS PART TWO TO THE DOUBLE UPDATE

THIS IS PART TWO TO THE DOUBLE UPDATE. READ CHAPTER FORTY-ONE IF YOU HAVEN'T.

Reese Joseph

She had all of my attention.

All of it.

She made me fucking crazy but in the best way possible.

I felt like a dog that had just done a trick and I was waiting to be praised, waiting for a treat but it was not coming. She just didn't budge and holy shit did I want her to budge. I just wanted her to give me an inch and I would give her miles.

I was an asshole.

I remember watching her slip on the stairs and fall to my feet. I remember laughing for a moment because of the way her hair was in her face. I remember holding my hand out to her. I remember the fingers in her right hand gripping the black book in her grip. She looked me in the eyes as she stood up, pushing past me, not accepting my hand.

Not wanting the help.

Not wanting my attention.

I remember entering the library like a blind mouse on a hunt for some stupid books. I remember being pointed towards the back of the library. I remember smacking into her, her body on the ground once again.

This time I reached straight for her.

I remember her muttering words to me but the only thing I could focus on was the angry, hurt-filled– spiteful glare she was giving me. Her big blue eyes became tear-filled. All because I bumped into her and she landed on her ass.

She didn't accept my hand once again.

I watched her stumble out of that library like a bat out of hell.

That wasn't the only time that I watched her leave that library crying, she cried a lot. She was so expressive with her feelings. I walked into the library, wanting to talk to Bolton and she was in that office, screaming. She was crying out, yelling every emotion that was bottled into her mind.

She was so open about everything she was feeling that I was jealous.

For years I had to hide who I was feeling, I had to hide who I was because I didn't think people would like me if they knew who I was, where I was actually from, the real things that made me– me.