Chapter 33 | Sin

I peek over Ziyan's shoulder with my eyes squinted in interest with my hand clutching my phone tightly as I take peeks over it too.

"Add one spoon of spices to the mixture" I read it out loud, so I can feel that I am also helping him. Ziyan gives me a glare which tells 'please shut that little mouth Ziah' because from the time we entered the kitchen room I am giving him instruction like a head chef to not feel left out, since I don't know to cook.

But I did wash the vegetables! And the chicken too!

And Ziyan was on the verge of throwing me out when I wasted good 10 minutes on finding the gloves and wearing it like a good girl and to keep this as a memory I asked Naim to take a picture of me washing the already washed chicken. Ziyan just asked me to rinse it down once since I was following him like a puppy but I felt so proud that I wanted to brag it to my mother and my brother, and for that evidence is a compulsory thing.

But that pissed Ziyan off for wasting his time, but me and Naim cared less of what he felt. And my good little brother in law showed his photography skills by clicking multiple photos in multiple poses until he was chased out by Ziyan. And because of his scolding Naim, like a good boy is writing his homework because he know when my brother comes he will forget that he goes to school.

And yeah, my whole family is going to surprise me today by showing up at lunch, mamma called me and ever so secretly questioned me if I am doing good, and if I am at home since it's Sunday and when I said yes we all are chilling she quickly ended the call not before yelling tp everyone that I am at home and they can go.

When I said Ziyan about my mamma who is going to surprise us he called Fuzail and asked them to come as well and they were more than happy to join us since it's been forever we had our little get together.

With my hands on my waist, while tiptoeing and ignoring the pain my neck and thighs are feeling I concentrate on what he is doing but flinching at time to time and quickly holding his shirt tightly when the oil starts dancing and screaming and jumping—okay that's not the correct explanation because I am not able to find the right words but lets go on with it because you know how the hot oil gets worked up when we add anything to it right?

When he adds an extra spoon of spices I quickly stop him "Wait!! One spoon, this women is only adding one spoon" he clicks his tongue in irritation not liking my interruption but we planned on cooking together so he is cooking and I am instructing him even though he is not taking my instruction into consideration.

He ignores my order and adds spices to his fulfilment which angers me a little. I huff not liking his behaviour "how many people are going to eat what I am going to cook Ziah?" After a pause he questions me and I roll my eyes but reply "umm we 4 and then mamma Abbu grandma grandpa Saif hafsa Nisma—" I start counting on my fingers but he interrupts me.

"More than 12?" He looks at me for a second while stirring whatever he is cooking "hmm yeah" I nod still counting in my mind, "and for how many is your chef in the video cooking for?" He does not let me count in silence but questions again.

"I don't know she said for 3 people" I remember the long introduction she gave which I skipped not bothering to listen to how she is expressing how good it will taste and how amazing it is and how her husband enjoys everytime she cooks it.

"So my little dumb women, if I add only one spoon which apparently she is adding only for 3 people and here I am cooking for 12 then, won't the taste die if I add only one spoon" he calmly explains but I can clearly hear the frustration in his voice that he literally needs to explain such small things.

"I-yeah I didn't think about that before" I nibble on my lower lip as I peek outside the kitchen where Aunty is sitting on the dinning table while smiling at us and Naim is sitting on top of the table doing his homework.