𝑗𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑟

Tears prick at the back of my eyes, and my stomach hurls, as I watch my Mother walk down the aisle, a bouquet of roses assorted in her hands

The asshole is doing it, getting my Mother to marry him. I have no idea what's running through his thick skull, especially since he claimed that she 'cheated' on him, though I'm unsure if I should  believe him or not.

The last month has passed in a blur, filled with nothing but bore and impatience on my part. My emotions have been drowning me, and to cope I've turned to alcohol.

Karma is a bitch.

'Tiago Rossi, do you take Rosalind Heart as your lawfully, wedded wife?' The priest starts, holding the scriptures in his hand firmly. 'I do.' The man nods confidently, no trace of regret.

'And do you, Rosalind Heart take Tiago Rossi, as your husband?' He says, glaring at her. 'I do.' She smiles, tears of happiness brimming in her eyes.

'With that, I announce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride.'

The veil is lifted off from her head, and gives a view of her, an angelic view. Tiago cups her jaw, tracing over it with his rough hands, before bringing their lips together.

I turn my head away, not wanting watch them gawk at one another. Even though I turned away, love tinges the air, and thickens it, making me suffocate in it's grasp.

Eventually, the couple come towards me, my Mother engulfs me in a hug, oblivious about how fucked up the situation is.

Mainly for me, though.

Tiago gives me a weak smile, his hand still wrapped around my Mother's waist. They brush past me, as the guests begin congratulating them.

I follow behind them, and my aunties and uncles begin asking about how I feel about this whole situation.

'It's a bit weird, but as long as they're happy.' I smile, the bile rising in my throat. 'Good to hear, Aurelia.' My aunt Loreli states, pressing a light kiss on my cheek.

Parting from her, I decide to sit down with my cousins, at the main table. They were each however, glued to their phones, so I took the chance to pour myself a glass of red wine.

The crimson drink whirled in the glass, and I took a sip of the liquid, it running smoothly down my throat. I licked my glossed lips, and sighed in annoyance, leaning back in my seat.

The venue is beautiful, and that's the truth. I hate to say it, but I envy my Mother right now. She gets this beautiful wedding, and a hot as fuck husband, whilst I'm sitting here alone.