Basket Full of Leaves -Chapter 31-

Dream's POV

I was at the tree to gather more leaves. It wasn't completely dark since it was still before sunset. I leaned down to grab some before hearing something moving behind me. I wiped my head around allowing the hood of my dark cloak to fall down, revealing my face. There, estimated about a yard away, stood Nightmare with Cross running up to catch up to him. Quickly I took my bow out as soon as he dart at me. Summoning an arrow, shot it at him but it missed. So I try again, and succeeded. In a instance he fell down and quickly picked up my baskets and left back to base. Hopefully he is dead.

Cross's POV

I was running up to Nightmare trying to catch up to him. When I almost got to him, he darted towards something. When I looked up, I saw it was Dream he was after, but right then Dream shot an arrow. It missed Nightmare which was the results of it nearly missing me.
The heat of the arrow missing my face caused me to stop in my tracks. Time itself seem to freeze and once I came back to reality, Dream has vanished and Nightmare was on the ground with an arrow in his chest.

I took my first step towards Nightmare which almost turn into a stumble. I took another  until I've reached Nightmare. He was breathing quite heavily, but that's no surprise. I bent down and got him back standing with him leaning against me for support. Together we started our small yet long journey back to the house.

"I feel like I am melting..", Nightmare groaned in pain. I thought he joking.

"You been shot by Dream's arrows before, it's not that big of a deal...", my words were falling apart once I turned to look at him. The black goop on his face appeared to be melting. I looked behind us to see a trail of goop that has melted off from him. I even noticed that his tentacles were droopy or even sagging.  He looked horrible.

When Nightmare and I got in the house, everyone looked at Nightmare. The 'melting' has gotten worse. His legs were bent and back was arched slightly due to his goop getting heavier and heavier. Ink looked worried so we're the rest although they were more so shocked if anything. "God, what happened to Nightmare" Dust spoke up first.

"Dream was at this... this..." I paused for a moment, "this dead tree gathering its leaves and when he spotted Nightmare darting at him, he shot him with one of his arrows and now it just seems like he is melting", I answered the best I could. The arrows was still in Nightmare's chest. Dust gotten up and got the medi-kit.

"Dust, the medi-kit won't do anything. The best thing we can do, is let him rest. It won't get better until it's done", Ink's voice sounded cold and empty. I looked up at him. His eye lights were white and different from his usual yellow and blue. He turned away and gone to Nightmare's room. I settled Nightmare down on the couch and watched the clock hands turn. Hour after hour, until I fell asleep.

Ink's POV

I haven't taken my vials in the past couple days, which is bad. Nightmare had taken them after I told him how they work. I typically take them every other day not every four days. I scrambled around the room trying to find them. When I finally found them, I drank them and then proceeded to wear them once again.
Next time I will know where they are when I get attacked by Dream or really anyone. They are what help me produce paint to create portals and to make attacks, not to mention to rebuild damaged AUs.

(A/N: oh look, I posted. Anyways, I am sick and unwell, but I hope you all are doing wonderful)