Chapter 2- Part II

Jane put on her fingerless gloves as she watched Alex hitting the punching bag. Jane hated this time of the day. They were assigned to learn about their target, create a plan, and then kill that person. Knowing the person and then killing them made the kill more painful and full of guilt. Another reason she hates it is because of seeing their boss. Jane joined Alex, "We should be looking for jobs, not punching some silly bag."

"We will after Mr. Smith assigns us the person," said Alex, doing a full swing kick at the bag.

"You don't have to wait long then," said a deep, ominous voice behind Alex. He turned to face Mr. Elon Smith; a tall, dark-haired man with sharp endless grey eyes and thin lips.

"Good evening, sir," said Alex in a low voice as his head bowed down a little. Jane stopped the punching bag from swinging.

"Good evening Mr. Johnson. Here's your assignment for today," Mr. Smith said, giving him the file he was carrying. Alex opened it to find a woman's picture in her 30s, lean and beautiful looking. There were other papers about her information too- her age, address, occupation, etc. The face looked familiar to Jane. "Her name is Samantha Ray," said their boss. Jane's face was struck with horror. "I want her here unharmed. You have three days to bring her in."

"But, she's innocent," Jane blurts out, trying to keep her voice steady and unsuspecting. She looks at the file behind Alex's shoulder, pretending that she read all the information about Samatha as Alex shifts the pages. Mr. Smith looked at her, "Yes, that's why I don't want to hurt her. I just have a few questions to ask her, then she's free to go." Jane gulped and nodded.

Mr. Smith was about to go away when he stopped, "Uh Miss Johnson, I hope your friends have agreed to keep yesterday's assassination a secret, because if they tell anyone you know the consequences."

"How do you kno-" started Jane, surprised.

"If I didn't keep tabs on what's going on with the people of this city, I wouldn't be here ordering you to murder them," replied Mr. Smith with a sharp look in his eyes.

"Sorry, sir for questioning your authority. And yes, my friends have agreed to keep the assassination a secret," replied Jane, feeling uneasy. Mr. Smith nodded and went away.

A/N:

Fun fact: Elon Smith was inspired by Elon Musk.

BUT IM NOT SAYING ELON MUSK HIRES ASSASSINS TO KILL PEOPLE

Or does he? 👀

jk.