EIGHT.

"Oh, I wonder who I'm looking for,
'Cause you don't go to parties anymore."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

COREY'S POV:

COREY'S POV:

I can't lie when I say that I am not having a good time here tonight, the vibes just feel off. I'm near the kitchen counter talking to Logan and Nathan as they talk about what some of the girls are wearing and who they have their eyes on tonight. I'm only half listening to the conversation because who actually cares?

Willem ditched me around ten minutes ago. Some girl pounced on him as soon as we walked through the door and he didn't complain so he has been upstairs with her ever since. At least one of us is having fun tonight.

I take a sip of my lemonade as a bunch of girls come and stand next to us, the potent smell of perfume engulfs the air around me and I almost choke. I hate when girls layer themselves in perfume it knocks my senses off, a little perfume is fine but when it is so overpowering it makes me lightheaded and almost causes me to pass out.

A girl with ginger hair places herself to my side and thankfully she isn't the one with the overpowering perfume so I can survive being next to her. A tanned girl is giggling at something Nathan says and Logan is refusing to even look at what the blonde haired girl is saying by his side. He isn't interested in hook ups, he has been disinterested ever since his long term girlfriend of five years cheated on him with another girl. That shit really messed him up. Nathan doesn't believe in love so he hasn't exactly been helpful with supporting Logan through this but Willem knows what it's like so he has been helping Logan sort through his feelings.

It's going well so far if you couldn't tell.

"Hey, what's your name?" The girl by my side says. She doesn't look familiar so it is most likely her first time at one of these parties. Plus, the people that come to the parties know my name, I'm a well known guy.

"I'm Corey, you?" I ask her, and finally look at her face. She's pretty, with freckles covering her cheeks and her eyes are a deep blue and they are very distracting.

"I'm Holly. Do you want a drink, Corey?" She asks, batting her eyelashes at me trying to be seductive. I'd be into it if I wasn't having such a shit time tonight.

"Nah, I can't drink tonight." I tell her bluntly, I don't want to explain my schedule to some random girl, that's not a good topic of conversation. I hate not drinking, it makes parties boring but all the other guys still seem to have fun when they are here without being drunk.

I guess I just need the drink to stop my head from spiraling all the time. I can't focus when I'm here.

Holly doesn't reply and instead goes into a conversation with Nathan and the girl next to him. I feel bad, she looks so awkward because she doesn't know what to say to me and I am not exactly being the most open person to talk to right now. I feel so distant and I don't even know why. I would be feeling so much more comfortable if Willem was here instead of upstairs. Willem is a sort of safety net for me, he holds me up when I need it, in public situations especially.