LVI. Rosalia's Birthday Party

Chapter 56, Rosalía's Birthday Party
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Tell me you're real, tell me you're not a dream. "

~ Xiomara's POV ~

"Happy birthday Rosa!"

I screamed at the top of lungs as I shook my little sister awake, she groaned and began to laugh at me.
It was May 15th, 2022, just today was Rosa born.

"How does it feel to be a little nine year old?"

I asked as I walked with her to the kitchen after she brushed her teeth, she looked at me like I was an idiot and shrugged.
I had made her heart shaped waffles with strawberries and grapes on the side, I handed her a plate and poured her some mango juice.

We walked to the table together and sat down happily, it was only last week that we spoke to my father.
I miss him more than I ever thought I could, I can't even put it in words.

I took a deep breath as I remembered his promise, I shook it out of my head knowing he was just trying to make me feel better.
I walked to my room after talking to Rosalía and took a shower considering she had a party to get ready for, but as I got out, I just couldn't feel a little happy.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body, I walked to my room and locked the door.
I made my way to my vanity and picked up a photo of my father and I when it was just us two against the world, I'd do anything and everything to have him here with me.

As I looked at the photo, I felt like the song 'It's Ok' by Tom Rosenthal.

It's okay, I know someday I'm going to be with you...

A tear rolled down my cheek as I set the photo down, I wiped it away before it had a chance to reach my chin.
Today is all about Rosa, not me and that meant I had to make sure this was the best birthday she will ever have.

I changed into my birthday outfit and did my hair in a high ponytail with my bangs out.
Ny makeup was spot on as I followed a TikTok tutorial, as I tied my platforms, I took a deep breath.

Xiomara's Outfit

I looked in my closet and pulled out a bag, it had five different gifts that were for Rosalía.
Once I took one last look in the mirror, I walked out of my room and walked to my Abuela's room.

She couldn't come to the party due to her conditions but my aunt promised to come and take care of her, I trust her and hoped that she would care for her the way I do.
My abuela is the only family I have left that could watch me without an issue, I waited for my Tía to arrive before grabbed Rosalía by the hand and walked to be elevator.

"Are your friends going to be there?"

Rosalía asked me as we walked into the elevator, I smiled at her excitement and nodded.
She squealed and jumped a bit, my friends and boyfriend love my sister and she loves them as well.

"Y tu novio tambien?"

(Translation: and your boyfriend as well?)

Rosalía asked, I looked at her and pursed my lips before nodding.
She wiggled her eyebrows as we got out of the elevator and walked outside, I held her hand as we walked out of the building.

As we were walking, we heard a honking noise and I looked back only to be greeted by Spencer, Alana and Scarlett.
I smiled as they offered us a ride to the park, which was were the party was being held since it was way too hot to be couped up in another room.

When we arrived, Rosalía ran off to her group of friends who were now headed to the swings as I walked with Scarlett to our friend group.
They looked like they were hiding something from me but I'm not one to press on a topic, it's just not me.

"What are y'all thinking about?"

I asked curiously as I grabbed a caprisun and began to drink it, Scarlett shrugged her shoulders and smiled at me.
We danced for a bit, sang to some songs and bullied our boyfriends for fun.

"Alright present time, Rosalía come!"

I shouted for my sister who was now running at full speed over to me, I laughed as she finally made her way over to me and sat down on the chair.
Here's what she got from different people, let me tell you that these things didn't look cheap either.

Scarlett: An American girl doll

Spencer: A nail polish set

Alana: Some barbie dolls

Jaysean: A basketball

Jaden: Surfboard

Javon: Six different pairs of sneakers

Jayla: Money

Daelo: A Roblox gift card

Jessica: Different dresses

DJ: An iPhone

I was pretty surprised when DJ gave her an iPhone, he didn't know what to give her and Jayla took his idea of giving her money.
Rosalía seemed like she was in heaven, she was so happy with everything she was in tears as she hugged everyone and thanked them.

"We have one more gift, everyone chipped in for this gift."

Javon spoke up as he smiled at Rosalía and then looked at me, now I was worried because Javon's not the brightest light bulb in the box.
I mean this kid couldn't remember the twisty cinnamon rolls, do I trust him? Yes.

"This is a gift for the both of y'all, so close your eyes."

Jayla said with a smirk dancing on her lips, I grabbed Rosalia's hand and closed my eyes with her.
That's when I heard it.

I heard the same warm, honey like chuckle I've been hearing over the phone.
When I heard open your eyes, I opened them quickly and cried immediately.

I ran from Rosalía and jumped into my father's arms just in time as Rosalía realized who it was and jumped into his arms as well, Rosalía let go and kissed his cheek before walking to her friends.

I held onto him as if my life depended on it, I craved his affection because he was the only other person who loved me other than my abuela.
My dad rubbed my back as I wrapped my legs around his waist, I looked up and looked at him.

His dark hazel nut colored eyes stared into my dark brown ones, I couldn't believe this was happening.
He wiped away my tears as he pressed a kiss on my forehead.

" Tell me you're real, tell me you're not a dream. "

I whispered as I cupped his face, my dad laughed at me as he set me down slowly and kissed my forehead.

"I'm real princess, papí told you that he was coming soon for your sister's birthday and for your friend's wedding. I keep my promises Mija."

My father told me as he hugged me tightly, this would be the first time since I was eight that I would be in my father's arms again.
I couldn't ask for a better way to have spent my sister's birthday and neither can she.