Chapter 18~

When Zhan came to the room to check on A-ling , Yanli was beside her son crying and beside her was her husband. Wen Qing gave was sitting beside him as well.

May, William, and Cheng were also there. Zhan gulped as he walked in, his hand cold. "How is he?"

Everyone looked at him and May wiped her tears while William spoke, "He is fine, just got fever Wen Qing has given him the medicine."

Zhan nodded. He was still drenched with water as he walked ahead and took in the appearance of his nephew.

Haikuan looked at him, "thank you so much, Zhan... if today you weren't there then..."

Zhan forcefully smiled and nodded, "It's okay." he said before he hugged his sister.

"Thank you..." Yanli muttered.

"It's okay."

May spoke, "Zhan go back and change."

Zhan nodded and went back to his room in a daze, once he reached his room he saw Yibo over there, Zhan saw the cheek that was slapped by him had turned red.

"You are still here? I told you that I would pay." Zhan spoke harshly, "Or were you trying to steal something?"

Yibo who had stopped crying once again felt himself getting shattered, "don't worry I am leaving." he said as he wiped his tears and smiled bitterly.

"What happened today I am not going to give any excuse for that. Because there isn't four years old nearly dies because of me...that is going to haunt me... for life maybe..." he pressed his lips together took a deep breath and closed his eyes as more tears leaked from his eyes, "You are right...I don't deserve love."

He said and laughed, "What the hell was I think a disgusting rat like me was dreaming high. And I fell hard really hard." Yibo said Zhan who was still not looking at him felt his heartache.

"It was nice staying here with you Zhan." Yibo said, "It was nice...thank you for everything." he said and without saying anything else he left the room.

And once he was gone Zhan closed the closet and kept leaning against it before slowly sitting on the floor and crying.

That day Zhan did not come out his room and refused to eat anything to talk to anyone saying that he was not well.

The next day, A-Ling was all fine and back to being healthy but Zhan was not okay.

He didn't even come for breakfast, and this time William went to his room to talk to him, he knocked on the door, "Zhan?" 

Zhan did not reply so he called again, after calling two times William opened the door and went in only to see Zhan sitting on the bed with his head looking down and his elbows on his knees in deep thought.

William and the others had assumed that something had happened between him and Yibo, after they did not see Yibo yesterday and today as well.

William sat beside him and gently asked, "Where is Yibo?"

Zhan spoke in a rough voice, "We broke up."

William was not shocked but he was sad for his son, "Why?"

Zhan clenched his fist and looked at his father and told him what happened yesterday. William was as shocked as him and sat quietly beside some time.

"Did you talk to him?"

"There was nothing to talk about dad, because of him...A-Ling nearly..."

"Zhan..." William spoke, "I know what happened on the wedding was disturbing but thankfully things didn't go worse. Did you even try to ask him what happened?

I don't think he is the kind of person to see someone drowning, something must have happened, do you think that he is that horrible? I don't think so, not after observing him all these days.

And he liked A-Ling so much why would he let something happen to him?"

Zhan clenched his fists more and more the more he thought that more miserable he came became, yes he was mad at Yibo but he was madder at himself for slapping him for loosing control with rage and saying him so many harshly words.

His eyes got filled with tears before he sighed and wiped them ,"It's too late dad...It's over."

William caressed his head, "Maybe it is, but it's never too late to say sorry, you should apologise to him and also ask for an explanation."

Zhan's heart clenched he does not want an explanation he was scared that if he heard Yibo's explanattion then he will be devastated, he already said so much to him he really does not deserve to be with him.

He was a ajudgmental bastard too quickly to judge and lash out.

That day Zhan didn't come out of his room but he took out his phone in his tremblinb hands and dialed Yibo's number, his number wasn't blocked but Yibo did not pick up abd he tried to message him, Yibo had not blocked him but he did not reply either.

Zhan's sighed, as he thought about Yibo, he wanted to see him one more time, just one more time.