Chapter 073 - Retaliation Against Grousil (Last 01)

" Then I'll be going! "

Leaving that, Shiro disappeared. In the end, as he couldn't teleport, he went via other methods. Something like erasing his presence with Wind magic and making use of (water) reflection to make himself disappear.

Yep. What can I say? Shiro's invincible.

Since if I was to praise him, he would rampage and destroy the town so I kept it to myself.

" Have a safe trip~ "

And I was back to being all alone in the dark cell. Since I had nothing to do here, shall I do some spying?

《聴力強化》

[TN: Choryoku Kyoka, Strengthen Listening ability]

" And, are all the stuff gathered? "

Matilda asked the guys who came back.

" Ah, yea. Once it's winter, it's going to immediately diminish though. "

" The master's wasteful as well. "

" Oi you guys! You're too loud! "

Even as they were saying it, smiles appeared on 3 of their faces. Today's market would start in the evening. Although their owner was said to be picky, the product this time round was of the best grade. The master was in a good mood recently so they were relieved about that.

That was because they had a horrible master. He was often in a bad mood and if anyone were to get on his bad side during it, it was certain that someone's head would definitely roll. He seemed not to even know the rule of the underground market and it had some strict rules. The only reason why they were listening to him was because of the money. If it was anyone else, they would had already cut them off.

Winter was approaching and they were panicking as it was around this time where the people who came to Hattuo decreased. During winter, this town out to be empty of travelers. 'The view without those beasts(men) are beautiful.' The only ones capable of making that joke were Nobles.

To them, they would lose their lifeline of there were none of those beastmen. Because then, they wouldn't had any products. Beastmen who came to Flowason to stay for a night for trading was the best prey. Even though many Beastmen merchants visited this town, discrimination from the citizen of this country still ran deep. Truth was, there were many inns in Flowason who rejected them or charged them sky high for a worn-put room. Thanks to that, Matilda's inn, despite the attitude, charged them the same amount so there were many who stayed and placed their goods with them.

The 3 then began chatting merrily about what they did with the goods and the fate of the customers who stayed with them while a metal scrapping sound was heard from the carriage house, approaching.

The door was slammed open. His fat body shook as the man entered the room, dressed in armor. He grinned as he approached the 3 who hung their heads.

" Matilda. "

A raspy voice as though broken, sounded out.

" Yes! "

She lifted her head up.

" What about the products? "

" We gathered fantastic goods this time round, Master. Within those, there was a beautiful young girl who stayed at my inn as well. "

" .....Hoh, a beautiful young girl. "

His eyes narrowed. Matilda deemed that was to urge her to continue and she did. It was the best to take this chance since he looked like he was in a good mood.