Chapter 7: Mama Please Come Home

No mortal being has ever seen a vampire tremble...

His body was not acting normally. He didn't need to breathe, yet here he was gasping for air, trying to control himself.

His whole body was shaking with agitation and desire...

 Edward was first to get to Carlisle's office door. The Coven Leader was on the floor, trembling with ragged breaths. His eyes were blacker than anything Edward has ever seen. 

"Carlisle, it's alright, just stay calm." "Is... she.. here?" Carlisle's voice was jagged and husky. "No, but she met Esme and Rosalie today and let Rosalie borrow her coat... Rosalie forgot to give it back..." "Did... you...know?" He asked. Edward bit his lip for a moment. "Alice saw her coming about a month ago... but she doesn't foresee you actually meeting her for a few weeks yet. She must not have seen this coming." "I'm not... upset... with her... I just...wasn't... prepared... for..." Edward nodded, "And I thought I had problems with Bella. JASPER!" Jasper sped into the room, and was on his knees beside Carlisle in a moment. "We need to calm him down." Jasper focused.

"NO!" Carlisle's mind was resisting Jasper's power. Only Edward could hear the struggle going on inside his mind. "WHERE IS SHE? WHY IS SHE NOT HERE? SHE BELONGS WITH ME." "It's not working, Jasper. The Lord is too much in control of his mind." "I have an idea." Jasper focused his power again, his eyes growing dark. He let the "Major" take control. "She's not here, Lord. Not today, but she will be soon. Mama will come home to us soon. I promise."  

Slowly, the Lord began to calm down, and Carlisle's eyes regained their golden hue - albeit tinged with black flecks. "Thank you. Both of you." he said, slowly sitting up. The others had gathered in the doorway, watching. Rosalie was holding the coat. 

"Now," Carlisle began, getting on his feet and looking around. "Do I at least get the pleasure of knowing her name?"