11 | There's a First for Everything

"They're here!" I exclaimed.

I ran down the stairs like my life depended on it when I saw the blue M Sport being parked in our driveway.

"Slow down, you might break that leg of yours," Ryan worried.

I sprinted across the living room to reach the front door. As soon as I opened it, I saw her getting out of the car. I didn't even wait for her to reach the door and ran towards her.

"Well, someone definitely missed my wife here." Came Issac's voice, teasing.

"You have no idea how much!" Anna laughed at my childish behaviour.

I engulfed her in an embrace. Her belly was getting in the way though. I placed my right palm on it and earned a kick from the yet to be born. It was a pleasant feeling.

She was due in three days, but we must be ready for anything, anytime now.

"Will you bring her in?" Daddy said with a smile.

"Oops, my bad. Where are my manners?" I pouted.

"Well, you forgot them in your room the second you saw their car." Ryan chuckled.

"Now stop that young man, or else she's getting back to you." Mummy teased him.

Ryan had walked up to us and had some of their bags being carried inside the house. From the way he hugged Issac, it was obvious that he missed his best friend too.

"You feeling okay, dear?" Mummy asked Anna.

"I'm good, aunty. I was very much excited to finally be here with you all, with my family." Anna beamed with joy.

By now, we were inside the house and seated on the couch.

"Nate and Nylah must be here any minute now," Mummy said.

Her parents were out on a business trip. Well, technically her father. Her mother just accompanied him, to keep herself from boredom. What'd she do all alone a whole month anyway?

"Yeah, I talked to mom an hour ago, she said they'd be here like in a couple of hours." Ann said.

"Alicia's coming over too? I miss her so much." I asked.

She was like an elder sister I never had. She always cared for me like the way she did for Ann, like the way I did for Ryan.

"Not anymore!"

I jumped up from the couch and headed towards her, but instead of hugging her as she probably must have thought, I went and took her two year old from her arms and kissed her forehead lightly, the cute little blondie smiled and made herself comfortable in my arms.

"Now you're on aunty's side? Mama's not talking to you." Alicia faked being offended.

"Daisy like aunty more," The cute little bundle of blondness replied to her mother.

"Aww, aunty loves Daisy more, can we leave mama here and go play?" I asked her.

"Anna, aunty play too?" She smiled at Anna.

"Of course aunty's pie. But after eating something. Your cousin here is hungry." Anna patted her belly.

"I hungry too,"

"That's it then, we eat and then we play. Deal?" I said.

"Yayy!" Daisy squealed.

"Wait till I tell your dada how you ditched me for your aunties." Alicia said.

"Dada choose Daisy, not mama," Daisy was being confident.

"And my girl is right, one hundred percent! You don't stand a chance against her, Mrs. Ridley." Came the voice of her father.