Chapter 3: Preparation

——————————🌺——————————

Miracle entered the house carrying the basket while (Y/n) walked right behind her.

"You sure you don't need any help?" (Y/n) asked.

"No, I've got this. Don't worry." She reassured her.

Mirabel ducked past people carrying instruments and accidentally backed into someone carrying a bench.

"Sorry. Excuse me." She apologized.

Casita built a new staircase that led up to Antonio's door.

"Lift it higher. Higher!" Abuela instructed to someone trying to hang a banner over the new door.

"Hey, nice job over there." Camilo commented.

"Yeah yeah."

"Camilo, we need another José!" Abuela said.

"José!" Camilo shifted into the man to hold up the other end of the banner.

"Luisa, the piano goes upstairs!" Abuela called.

Luisa dropped the barrels she was holding. "I'm on it! Careful sis!" Luisa said, as she almost bumped into Mirabel.

Suddenly, a gust of wind started blowing around the house. (Y/n) turned and saw that Pepa was stressing out and had created a tornado.

"My baby's night has to be perfect, and it's not perfect, and people are going to be coming. And nothing's ready." She ranted.

Her husband Félix was trying to protect the decorations from her storm.

"You're tornado-ing the flowers! The flowers!" He called to her.

"Did someone say flowers?" Isaiah said from the railing.

Pepa stopped her tornado, and everyone looked up to see vines wrap around Isaiah and swing him down, spreading flowers everywhere. (Y/n) watched with slight interest as everyone else cheered for him, except Mirabel, who had a bored and fed up expression on her face.

"Our angel, our angel." Félix praised.

"Please, don't clap."

Isaiah lowered himself into the floor and handed Pepa a bouquet of flowers.

He then turned and noticed (Y/n) standing nearby and made a giant bouquet of flowers appear in her hands. The girl nearly stumbled from how big it was.

"There you are mi pétala. Beautiful flowers for a beautiful woman." He said smoothly.

"Uh...thanks...I guess." She replied politely.

I'm all honesty, (Y/n) didn't know how to feel towards Isaiah. Sure, she thought he was handsome, and talented, and she admired the work he did for the community.

However, she also though he could be a bit arrogant and big headed, and she wasn't overly fond of the way he treats Mirabel. Still, he was always polite to her, so she was civil and polite to him as well. But mainly she tried to avoid talking to him as much as possible.

"(Y/n), do you think you can help me find a place for this?" Mirabel asked, holding up one of the objects from the basket.

"Oh, sure!" She handed the large bouquet of flowers back to Isaiah and rushed off and Isaiah scowled at his sister.

"Thank you." Pepa praised him.

Isaiah plastered a smile on his face that showed off his perfect teeth. "Oh, it's nothing." He replied, waving his hand  near Mirabel's face, covering it with flowers.