𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳

I walked out of the locker room making sure I tied my laces properly

I walked out of the locker room making sure I tied my laces properly. I've always had passion for volleyball, thanks to my mom. She always convinced me to give it a try and now I love it. My dream is to be an athlete and make it to the world games.

I was sitting by the benches with other students waiting for the coach to arrive. She soon arrived and greeted all of us. " Afternoon girls, I see some new and similar faces from try outs from last year. Let's hope you've upped your game this time because in a few months we're about to have the biggest tournament of our lives."

Everyone was so excited for the coming of the  inter school tournament for all the sports in London. It's an event where schools compete against each other from each city in UK. Most popular sports are playing during these tournaments which include volleyball, basketball, rugby, tennis, swimming and many other sports.

The school with the most win from a certain city gets special training and the opportunity to represent UK and play in national games. It's mostly possible for individual sports to participate in Olympics and commonwealth games.

For non-individual sports they don't take the whole team, you still need more training and they also do a talent search for you to be added in a national team. For those who don't make it are still part of the winning team, they have the opportunity to join clubs still get to represent their cities.

"So for this season we will have 2 teams one for under 16 and one for 18. Two best players from each team  will be picked to join the main playing in the inter school tournaments in the places of Amaya Jones and Melody Gates.

For today, we're gonna do some workouts to get you active and going for morning or evening runs if you're not an early bird. We'll do some talent search to see what position you have potential in and some basic playing skills. For the students 16 you'll be coached by Jonica so please go to her and the girls that are over 16, you guys are with me." The coach concluded after giving   instructions.

30 minutes passed and now we were learning passing, setting, blocking, serving and attacking skills. I already knew them and I was good at all of them. I used to play a the middle hitter but I'm gonna hear from the coach for what position she thinks I could do good at.

While we were training I caught a glimpse of Leo watching from the top. Is he stalking me? Girl shut up not everything revolves around you. He said he loved volleyball.

His eyes drifted towards me catching me staring at him. I decided not be a stupid staring hoe and smiled at him and gave a smile wave. Be kind y'all. A small, very small smile formed on his lips and waved back. He has a pretty smile.

♛♛♛

Later in the evening I decided to call my mom from prison to check if she was okay. Of course she wasn't, she's trapped behind bars. Still there wasn't any sign of hope that she would come out any soon.

I hear the door open and decided not to pay attention to it and decided to remain laying on my back. "Hey, I tried calling you to come eat dinner at the dining hall but you didn't answer." Her voice came out concerned. "Oh, I overslept." I lied. I didn't even get some sleep I was about to. "Well that's okay cuz I dished out some for you. If you don't want it I can make something else or we can go out for pizza?"

"No you don't have to, I'm fine." Nabi nodded in response. She noticed my depressed glossy face and came over to my side of the bed. "Hey are you okay?" Oh shit here comes the waterworks. I really hate it when someone asks if I'm okay. I really be crying like a damn fool. Of course I'm not okay.

A a sob came out of my mouth with tears rolling down my cheeks. "Oh honey come here." She pulled me into her embrace. "I'm not okay." I cried louder. I gripped her shirt tightly. "You're gonna be okay, alright? Whatever you're going through it'll pass." I shared my head not agreeing with her.

"No, it'll never be okay. It's like a forever problem that I'm gonna have to deal with." I continued crying. She laid down with me putting my head on her chest. Boobies. Shut up. "You wanna talk about it?" She questioned. I shook my head no in response. I'm not ready to open up yet to people because I've lost trust with them as they've always used my weaknesses and problems against me.

My cries slowed down and we just laid there in silence. Nabi was staring up at the ceilings while I was looking at her boobs. What? It's the position I'm in. My eyes started getting droopy and soon I close my eyes letting myself drift off the lala land. I wouldn't mind even if I died.

♛♛♛

My eyes slowly drifted open feeling a wave of cold emptiness beside me. Fuck I'm so thirsty. I need a jug of cold water. I slowly got up rubbing the sleep off my eyes heading over to the kitchenette. I open the fridge with being the only light in the room.

The door opens after gobbling a bottle of water with Nabi holding a bag of McDonald's!! I need to marry this girl. "I bought some McD cuz you didn't have anything to eat so I'm not taking a no for an answer, you need to eat." I chuckled and went to the counter to check what she bought. Damn that's a lot of junk food, but idgaf.

She bought  20 piece chicken nuggets, 4cheeseburgers, 2 McFeasts, 6 large fries and 2 McFlurrys. I've officially ascended to heaven. She brought out a huge plate and placed the food on it.

Nabi grabbed her MacBook and connected it on the tv and scrolled through some movies. "Have you watched Dr Strange yet?" Nabi questioned. "No I haven't yet, should we watch it?" Nabi nodded in excitement.

We sat back on her bed and clicked on play. These are one of the small things that become the best memories to have with you friend or family, mostly my mother. I miss her so much. Every Fridays we used to watch movies and eat junk food till midnight and it makes my heart crack reminding me that I won't see her for a very long time.