Chapter Thirty

Rúben

Slowly, everyone finds out about Christina and me. And even though no one has any issues with our relationship, we still like to keep a low profile. Well, most of the time.

On Valentine's Day, I sent five massive bouquets to her office, which the whole team saw being delivered. I've never heard the word whipped so many times.

And whenever we get to work together, which is quite rare, it's hard for me to keep my hands to myself. She's just so sexy when she's working.

"Rúben, leave me alone", she tells me with a giggle when I'm kissing her neck while she tries to connect the camera to the computer.

"I'm only asking for one kiss, amor. One! Just turn around and kiss me", I joke, which makes her laugh even more. She's never going to be able to plug this thing.

"No, I'm trying to be professional here, you know?"

"And failing", I hear a voice say behind us. I immediately notice Christina tensing.

I turn around to see who has spoken to find Matty staring at us. Well, this is going to be fun.

"And who are you to say that?", I ask him, taking a step towards him.

"Rúben, leave it. I don't want any fights at work", she tells me, grabbing my arm to stop me from getting closer to him.

"You didn't feel that way when you slapped me, did you?", spits Matty.

"Because you fucking deserved it, you asshole!", I say to him, trying to move but Christina keeps stopping me.

"Stop it! Both of you!", she says, getting in between Matty and me.

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"Both? He's the one who comes to our place of work to insult my girlfriend".

"Oh, girlfriend? Wow, you really hit the jackpot, Chris. Not just a quick shag and a new job, but WAG status too. Lucky you!"

"Don't talk to her like that or I'll...", I say, wanting to close his mouth one way or another, but Christina being in front of me forces me to remain calm. I won't risk hurting her.

"Stop it, I said!", she says, raising her voice. I've never seen her like this. "You go do whatever it is you came to do here", she says to Matty, "and you...you come with me now".

I follow her to where my interview will take place.

"Chris! You were supposed to be with me today. You can't play favourites", tells her Rodri.

"Sorry! Just give me a second and I'll be with you", she tells him. "And you", she says to me, "you behave, ok?"

"And do nothing when he talks to you like that?"

"It's what he wants. Don't let him win", she tells me, giving my cheek a kiss. "And", she whispers in my ear, "I'll let you know later how fucking sexy you were confronting him".

Oh. Is it later now?

Christina

The whole time we are there, I can feel Matty's eyes on me. I can't believe he still is holding the same grudges. And speaking to me like that here...he really isn't who I thought he was.

"Why do I always get the weirdos interviewing me?", says John.

"What do you mean?"

"This guy that interviewed me right now was so odd. I mentioned Rúben and he started to look at me funny. And then his tone was so aggressive", he explains.