video game

"i love you, do you love me too?"

you were freaking out. his voice so close to your ear that it felt like he was real, you swallow a lump in your throat as you watch the boy staring at you lovesick in the eyes, looking at you behind the screen.

your hands shaky while gripping the controller, you stared back at his heart-shaped pupils. he was so handsome, what had gotten into him?

you decided it was enough, this was too much for you, too terrifying. he was staring at you so intensely that you felt your heart dropped when he smiled at you, seemingly pleased at your horrified look. even when he's just your love-interest in an otome game, it felt like.... he knew he was in a game.

you set the controller down and crawled under the desk, your hand about to plug off your computer.

"i love you, do you love me too?"

you stopped in your tracks, peeking up at the game that displayed in your computer, his voice distorted as his face remained cheerful.

a yes or no option appeared, him smiling even more sinisterly.

"i love you, do you love me too?"

he kept repeating those words, you frowned in annoyance, quickly unplugging the computer wire from the outlet. but you still hear his voice through your headphones. your eyes widen, looking at the computer which was still on with the game still playing and him.... still smiling and staring at you.

you sat on your gaming chair, the option still visible at the lower part. you moved your mouse to the 'no' option, hoping it'll end.

but... no matter how many times you clicked no, it still wouldn't go away. the option is still there, but it seemed like it didn't take 'no' as an answer, leaving you with the 'yes' option.

okay you're completely freaking out right now, spamming the no button, it didn't work. you tried turning off the CPU, still didn't work. it's like your stuck. stuck until you press yes.

slowly but shakily, you pressed yes.

the computer shut off.

leaving you in total darkness of your room.

wait, darkness?

but your lights were on..

"you do love me." you flinched, throwing your headphones away in fear. god, you still could hear him from your headphones?! "you really do love me."

you shrieked as you realized his voice didn't come from your headphones, he's alive, he's behind you, he's breathing, his presence is near.

turning you around, your quickly hugged yourself and burying your face to your knees as to not face him. you closed your eyes, wishing this was a dream.

you hear his breathy chuckle, his hands on your shoulders.

"why are you afraid baby? you said yes to my question, you love me." he spoke so softly to you, it made your stomach churn at his slight distorted voice. "you love me." you bit your lip, praying and wishing that you shouldn't have bought the game.

"you love me and i love you, y/n. we were meant to be together." he somehow manage to make you face him directly. "we shall live together for eternity, my love. you are my chosen one, my darling." you squirm against his strong grip, yelling at him to let you go.

you shouldn't have- you shouldn't have bought the game.