chocolate bar

your breath hitched and your body tensed up as soon as you read a name you know all too well.

you look at your senior, panic displayed all over your face as you open your mouth to speak.

you want to quit.

"sir, i don't think-"

the door then bursts open, revealing two assistants and.. him.

a face from your nightmares.

your mentor stands up, gesturing you to do so as well, and greeted the big boss himself. "a pleasure to meet you Mr. venusian. I am here to ask for your permission to guide my protégé here to show how this company works and in hopes to enhance their motivations."

you burrowed your head low enough that he couldn't see your face and hoped that he didn't recognize you 6 years ago.

"alright." he said after a few moments of silence, smiling at your mentor and shaking hands with him.

you finally stand straight when it's time to leave, making sure not to maintain eye contact with satan.

your heart ached everytime you think about your senior highschool days.

.

it all started when a friend of yours gave you a chocolate bar on a random day, saying that they didn't like the mixed raisins in it and decided to give it to you.

what they didn't know, you hate this particular chocolate bar too. and you've been trying to get rid of it. you could throw it but it'd be a waste, maybe find someone who's willing to eat a chocolate full of raisins?

as you were walking in the courtyard, you spot a guy sitting on the bench looking so familiar..

ah. it's venusian eros.. why's he doing here?

popular guys tend to be lonely huh? you thought, hard to believe though. you walk up to him, seeing as there's no one else around, might as well give him this, right?

you tap his shoulder gently.

"hey." he turns to look at you. "want this?"

he looks at you, then takes the chocolate bar.

"..thanks." you smiled, maybe you two could become friends.

he walked you home that day.

you truly didn't expect the two of you to become such good friends, knowing both of you had completely different personalities and social life. it was.. nice to have a friend that's unique to you once in a while.

it became a routine for you both to wait for eachother at the end of school, talk, until you both reach your house.

everything was going great like you hoped it would.

"wanna go out with me?" he suddenly said out of the blue, looking up at you from his video game.

"..huh?" you asked, out of disbelief.

"well, isn't our relationship more of a couple? maybe we should make it official, don't you think?"

"wait- hold on- what?" you seriously couldn't believe what you were hearing right now, him and you? a couple? you couldn't imagine it. "i-i'm sorry eros, i don't think- i mean.. it's just that i'm not really into relationships and-" you rambled on, trying to find the proper words so that you couldn't hurt his feelings.

"let's just stay as friends, alright?"

who knew a simple, peaceful sentence could lead to a hellish, highschool life?