Chapter 14

*~* M O O N *~*

Saturday came sooner than I expected and I found myself outside Kayla's house, re-thinking my decision.
Did I really want to go inside and spend the whole night watching Travis suck Kayla's face?

I was mad at him. Really mad at him.

How dare he get all worked up over me with a boy when he did the same with my Kayla every day? He had no right to barge into my room like that and then just leave me the way he did. What the fuck kind of guy ditches a girl to watch ice age?

I decided right there and then that I was going to dance and flirt with every single guy I came across just to piss him off. And who the fuck was he to stop me?

I held on to that thought and finally made my way inside, head held high.

I spotted him almost immediately. His back was facing me but I recognized his broad shoulders and dark dreads easily. I forced my gaze away and studied the place instead. I looked over the crowd, eyes zoning in on Wade at Kayla's dad's pool table sipping from a red solo cup.

I pushed through people until I got to him. He looked wary as I approached and I noticed his eyes flashing to Travis.

"That was nothing the other day," I rolled my eyes for emphasis, "It wasn't what you think."

"Really?" He studied me with raised brows, "It didn't seem like nothing. In fact, he seemed pretty mad about us if you ask me."

I just shrugged, "He's just mad because he refuses to accept that I'm not his. I'm not anyone's and never will be."

He placed his cup on the table behind and stepped closer, a sly grin on his face.
"That's such a shame," He whispered, "I had other plans for us."

I ignored his use of the word 'us' and returned his smile as I dropped my voice, "Oh really?"

I reached out and slowly ran my hands along his shirt, playing with the top button as I pulled myself closer.

He huffed a sigh as his hands came to rest on my hips, "Oh come on Moon, don't be like that."

"Like what?" My arms came to rest behind his neck as I tilted my face in fake innocence.

"Like that. You know how bad me, and every guy on this fucking planet wants to fuck you, yet your just such a tease."

I grinned up at him, "I'm taking that as a compliment."

"Is this going to be another of those times?"

"Today could be your lucky day."

I swear I saw him visibly stop breathing.

His eyes were filled with that familiar lust many men had when they looked at me. It never really got old, the knowing how bad they wanted me. It felt as if I were on top of them all because despite how much they wanted me, I didn't feel a shred of that.

It made me feel powerful, however stupid that sounded.

I ran my tongue over my lips and fixated my eyes on his, painting a look of need that reflected his on my face. It made me want to laugh as he pulled me closer and leaned in.

"How about we take this upstairs?"

I nodded quickly and smiled, running my tongue over my lips again.
He wasted no time as he grabbed my hand and set off, pulling me behind him.

In that moment, I completely forgot about a certain someone. That was until he just so happened to appear up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes as Wade paused in front of him.