xix. talk it out

it had been a few days since aven and chris broke, and nick and matt were both still treading on thin ice and keeping their mouths quiet about it. chris wasn't upset or sad, he just didn't like to talk about it. aven wasn't a great big part of his life, but he still felt wounded when someone mentioned her. like she was a punishment.

nick and matt were beginning to worry about chris, they felt like he was out of place. he seemed sad, but at the same time just really out of energy. matt and nick had been debating how they could help him, and were starting to run out of ideas.

"we need to talk to him." matt said, flopping down on nick's bed.

nick looked up from his phone and sighed as he placed it down on the bedside table. "what would we even say to him."

matt shrugs and crosses his arms over the chest. "maybe if we could just get him to talk it out with anya?"

"you know he won't want to do that." nick said shaking his head.

"we have to at least try!" matt says, sitting up and facing nick.

"we would never be able to get him to do that."

matt sighs and looks down, thinking of ways to fix this. and then, lightbulb. he looks up quickly at nick. "we can't... but maybe madi can." matt says confidently.

nick sighs and shakes his head. "that's a smart idea matt, but there's a flaw. madi is in LA."

matt sighed and looked away. "fuck, you're right."

nick was then hit with another good idea. "okay so madi can't. but maybe raven can? she's pretty close with chris and is anya's best friend."

matt perked up and smiled. "yes!" matt pulled out his phone and texted raven, explaining the situation to her over messaging before getting her to agree to come over. "she said she'll be over in ten!"

nick and matt high fived happily before waiting patiently for raven to arrive. and when raven arrived, they spoke with her briefly just to explain things again, and then closed themselves in their room while she knocked on the door to chris' room.

"go away nick!" chris yelled frustratedly from the other side of the door.

"i'm not nick."

chris sat up from his bed and blew out a puff of smoke from his blunt. "raven?" he got up and pulled the door open? the red head walking right in and shutting the door behind her.

"we need to talk." raven said before sitting down on his bed and gagging. "but before we do, open a god damn window. place smells like snoop dogg's basement in here."

chris rolled his eyes and pulled his window open, the smoke slowly emptying out. "whatever. what do you need to talk about." he said before plopping down on his black bean bag in the corner of the room.

"aven. anya. all the jazz."

chris frustratedly rolled his eyes and leaned his head back, facing the ceiling. "god please no." chris said, clearly annoyed and wanting to ignore anything about the topic of anya or aven.

"chris you already lost one of them. and if you keep screwing around you're going to lose both." raven said, chris slowly sitting up and locking eyes with her. "if you want them both gone, just tell me and i'll go."

raven watched as chris just took a deep breath and rubbed his hands over his eyes before continuing. "okay that's what i thought."

chris rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "why am i the fucking bad guy. anya didn't want me until she couldn't have me! i don't want to be loved only when it feels exciting for her."