Chapter 7

After knowing that he was being hunted, Dazai has been more alert than ever! The death rate from the same vampire has been increasing. Despite all their efforts, they still couldn't find who this vampire was. According to Kouyou, it was someone who looked familiar and probably someone she knew. Black hair with red eyes. Well, all vampires had red eyes so his real eye colour was unknown. So, the vampire slayers just tried their best to stop the death rates from increasing. Dazai and Chuuya were in charge of checking the alleys and killing all the vampires hidden there. In actual fact, they just wanted to try their luck and hope they could find the vampire who has been killing mercilessly. Sadly, lady luck wasn't by their side. Only normal vampires, not the one they really wanted.

Trudging through the dirty and dimly lit alleys, it was rather cold today. Chuuya sighed. He has been walking around in circles for eternity. Dazai trailing behind while humming his favourite tune. Somehow, it seems that they couldn't find their way out of the alley. Dazai couldn't randomly break holes in walls now because Chuuya said that it could allow the vampires from hiding and making it harder for the vampire slayers to slay them. The ginger turned to face the brunette who was supposed to be behind him but he was met with no one instead. Wide-eyed, Chuuya glanced around the narrow alley. "Where did that bastard go?" He muttered to himself and he exclaimed, "Dazai, if this is a joke, stop it! It's not funny!" However, Chuuya was met with silence. Getting more worried every second, the ginger started running and finding ways to get out. Dazai was nowhere in sight.

Chuuya cursed under his breath when he saw a vampire coming towards him. 'Are they trying to separate us then attack?' was what Chuuya was thinking when he decapitated the vampire. 'If that's the case, I need to find Dazai, fast!' Upon thinking that, Chuuya started running. Thankfully, there were no vampires attacking him for now. That was until he felt a tight grip on his shoulder as he swung his dagger only for it to get caught in a hand. "Woah...Chibi, calm down." Chuuya's dagger was removed from his grip as the ginger was actually relief to see the brunette. Dazai grabbed the dagger's handle and winced as he removed the blade of the dagger from his hand. Chuuya's eyes widened as he apologised softly. Dazai chuckled a little and told Chuuya it was fine as Dazai passed the dagger back to Chuuya. "It heals anyway!" was what Dazai's answer was. Chuuya put up a small smile after he sighed. However, the smile turned into a frown after a while as both continued to try and make their way around the alley. "I find it strange. That ability user who could make walls anywhere he wanted is dead. Who's trapping us now?" Dazai glanced up to see that it was going to get dark soon. Chuuya, upon noticing that too, sighed when he used his ability to slowly make himself float and stepped onto a roof of a building. Dazai stayed on the ground and waited for Chuuya to give him a signal.

Glancing around, Chuuya looked down to see the brunette looking at him. He mentally mapped out the area. That when he thought of something. 'Won't it be hard for them to navigate on the ground?' He gestured for Dazai to get on the roof. The brunette gave him an annoyed look. He couldn't Get Chuuya to float him up because of his ability. There was no obvious stairs or anything to help him climb up. Glancing around, Dazai noticed that there was a railing for a balcony at the 3rd and 5th level of a building. A few rubbish bins around. However, Chuuya was on the roof which was the 7th level. Ideas flowed around Dazai's mind as the brunette tried to find a way to get up to where Chuuya was. The ginger frowned, he knew Dazai would have a trouble.

Now, you guys must be asking. Can't vampires turn into bats and fly? They can but they needed to drink human blood to be able to do that. Only a selected few of pure blood vampires had the chance of doing it. Dazai wasn't sure if he could or not since he never drank human blood before. So, he had to rely on his prodigy brain of his now to think of an idea. That's when he smirked. He knew his skills and abilities well. He stepped a few steps back as his back hit the wall. Running towards the rubbish bin, he used it as a stepping stone and pushed himself off for him to grab the rusted railing and did a flip for him to balance himself on the railing. A creaking sound was heard as Dazai clicked his tongue in annoyance. A ail dropped to the ground s Dazai hastily pushed himself off to barely reach the 5th level's balcony's dirty and mouldy floor. The metal making Dazai cringe slightly. Like on cue, one second after Dazai jumped, the previous balcony he was initially was stepping on broke off and fell tot he floor. It seems that the rust had made the metal less Trudy and easier to break off. Dazai willed himself to reach the railing. Chuuya on the roof looked in awe as but his eyes narrowed when he saw Dazai was still on the 5th level. Hearing the creaking of the metal, the brunette started getting flustered. He was on the 5th level and he was stuck. It would be disastrous if the balcony broke off and he dropped with it. His worst thought came through as he caught a glimpse of the one nail keeping the balcony from falling off, slowly coming out of the hole in the wall. The creaking increased and before Dazai knew it, the balcony dropped. The ginger looking from above exclaimed frantically, "Oi, Dazai!"

The said brunette grunted a little as his hand gripped onto the ledge. He jumped and grabbed onto it second before the balcony broke off. Chuuya sighed in relief as he tried looking for rope but finding none. "Why don't I come down?" the ginger suggested as he saw Dazai struggling. The brunette shouted back, his voice strained, "No, stay there!" The ginger was thinking of disobeying and jumping down anyway but at the end, he listened and stayed put. Managing to grab the ledge with his other hand, Dazai slowly but steadily climbed up, using the wall to support his feet. When he did balance himself on the narrow ledge, Dazai had the fear of the ledge breaking off as he tried not to look down. One level left, Dazai willed himself to reach for the rood with Chuuya's help and pulled himself up. He was now sprawled on the floor, panting. The ginger squatting beside him. "We still have to jump from one building to another, you know..." Chuuya tried to not make it sound dreadful but he saw Dazai's giving him a 'are you serious?' look. Well, Chuuya couldn't blame Dazai. He almost dropped from the 5th level. Standing up and dusting dust off his coat as Dazai looked ahead. It seems they had to jump 5 building before they can make their way down and leave the alley. Dazai sweared to god that he will never enter this alley ever again.

Pretending to pull up his sleeves, Dazai took a few steps back and ran. He jumped before Chuuya got to process what he was doing. The brunette successfully jumped tot he next building roofs. Chuuya rolled his eyes while mumbling, "Show-off!" He used his ability to help him to jump from one roof to another. Thankfully, the gap between two buildings were narrow and made it possible for Dazai to jump across. Chuuya was an exception because of his ability. Leaving Dazai behind, Chuuya continued to jump from building to building. Dazai, upon noticing that, pouted but he reminded himself that it was better safe than sorry and made his way from building to building. The 5 jumps made Dazai do a few flips and he stumbled sometimes. However, he made it with Chuuya waiting for him lazily.

They made it back to the vampire slayer office to rant about what happened. That's when Kunikida spoke up, "That's because the ability user from the other day made it in advance to trap them and when he died, his ability still was still functioning. Chuuya and Dazai kept silent. Chuuya broke that silence with his screaming, "Tell us that earlier four eyes!" Even Dazai gave a silent glare at Kunikida with his eyes red. That gave shier down Kunikida's spine. He wasn't used to the red eyes yet after all. The blonde coughed a little before continuing, "Anyways, good job on killing a few vampires. You can take the next day off, president's orders." Chuuya and Dazai smirked at each other, the ginger patted Kunikida on the shoulder before walking out with Dazai.