Chapter 10

Staring at himself in the mirror, a ginger purposely adjusted his shirt so that it covered the left side of his neck and shoulder. A brunette who noticed, apologized, "Sorry again, Chibi!" Chuuya looked at the man or should I say, the vampire opposite of him and sighed. "You better not say anything to Ane-san or she will actually kill you." The brunette glanced over to his lover. Well, to be honest, they only became lovers just the day before so they didn't tell anybody yet. However, they were sure everyone would catch up even without them telling. Chuckling, the brunette replied, "I'm pretty sure she'll find out anyway since vampires can smell scents on a human when they're bitten." The ginger clicked his tongue in annoyance as the brunette reminded him of that, "Then you should skip work today." The brunette laughed out loud before waving his hand to deny the ginger's suggestion. "I honestly want to see her face." Chuuya hit Dazai on the back of the head before taking his coat and leaving to go to the office with Dazai still laughing behind him.

Chuuya wasn't sure whether to be scared of his sister going crazy about what happened or whether he should be scared that he was going to go into a vampire infested abandoned building alone since Dazai was doing an interview with a few witnesses with Kyouka. Obviously Yasano and Kouyou, especially Kouyou, declined the idea of him being alone since he just recovered from a deep wound but Kunikida just ignored their views and said it was orders from the president, which is unusual. That was until Fukuzawa explained that he had sent everyone to different places to slay vampires and since amateur vampire slayers such as Kyouka can't be alone, they had to go with someone and people like Tanizaki had no weapon and had to go in pairs as well. Since Chuuya was one of the best vampire slayers, Fukuzawa was confident to give him a mission alone. However if he did somehow get injured, the office was only opposite of the abandoned building. To add to the lsit, Fukuzawa and Dazai made sure that all mission destinations were in close range to each other and the office. Yasano will be with Kouyou in the office.

As everyone set off to their destinations, Kouyou stopped Chuuya who was trying to leave frantically but to no avail since his sister was fast. "Chuuya...What happened?" The anxious ginger was sweating cold sweat. "Nothing happened. What...d..do you mean?" He replied rather rushed. Kouyou squinted her eyes before pulling Chuuya's collar down slightly as Chuuya glanced away with his heart pounding hard on his ribcage. He expected a dressing-down or at least a lecture but he was met with a hug. He obviously found that strange as he confusingly hugged Kouyou back. "At least it's him. He's able to protect you." Chuuya was surprised by her answer and nodded silently that she approved. However she separated them after a while and said in a stern voice, "But, I still don't trust him fully so I'm keeping an eye on you two. "With that, she sends Chuuya off with the ginger smiling awkwardly and waving goodbye. When the ginger closed the door behind him, he felt snake-like arms wrap itself around his waist from behind. He leaned backwards and tilted his head up and saw a familiar brunette. "You...were you listening?" The brunette put up a small warm smile and nodded. "She doesn't trust me though..." Dazai pouted before letting go of Chuuya and walking away with a 'take care'. The ginger massaged his temples with a sigh. Dazai was totally oblivious that Kouyou approved of their relationship.

Well, I guess it really wasn't Chuuya's lucky day. Since his wound and Dazai biting him just yesterday, he lost a lot of blood. That resulted in him losing energy and half way through the fight, he was starting to get dizzy from all of the flips he did to dodge the vampire's attack. It seems that the vampires had gotten smarter by attacking at Chuuya's legs instead to get him off balance and diable his walking and movement before attacking him. That was honestly the main reason why Chuuya was having trouble slaying them. The ginger honestly thought that vampires were brainless blood addicted zombies. He already had a cut on his face but it was thankfully shallow. Finding it strange that despite the vampire's smart techniques to try and knock Chuuya off his feet, they have become weaker. It was probably because of that annoying pure blood vampire who ate all their victims and even killed his own kind. "So they're all brains and no brawn?" Hilarious. Chuuya had already slayed quite a number of vampires. Only a few of them left and he'll be able to go home and have a good rest.