44: 'The girl best friend...'

It had been a week since we flew to Vegas and I was still yet to take of my ten dollar ring that Sammy bought us. I don't know why but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I know that the promises of this ring are bullshit but I don't think I want them to be.

My heart sinks dramatically when I look at the text Sammy put in the group-chat, his going away party is in three weeks.

In three and a half weeks my best friend since I was four years old is going to be on the other side of the world and I don't know how to cope with it.

I'm beyond thrilled that he is getting to travel, it's something he's always dreamed of, I guess a small part of me always hoped I would be the only travelling with him.

I let out a small sigh as I reply back saying that I'm so excited for the party before I grab my keys, I head outside and climb into my car. 

There's only one face I wanted to see right now.

I continue driving until I arrive at my destination, my stomach churns unexpectedly as I walk towards the familiar steps and press the buzzer.

'Hello?' A female voice calls out.

I freeze entirely, 'Hello.'

'Who is this?'

'I'm Scarlett...I'm Rocky's girlfriend.'

I hear a small grumble before the door is released, my palms begin to grow clammy as I get into the elevator.

I didn't want to be paranoid, Rocky has never given me a reason not to trust him but I can't help but worry when a girls voice answers his intercom.

By the time I reach his door, my hands are now dripping with sweat and trembling, I knock hesitantly as I bite down on my bottom lip harshly waiting for the door to swing open.

Rocky tilts his head as he leans against the door frame with a small smile on his face, 'Sunshine, I wasn't expecting to see you here.'

I shrug, 'I just wanted to see you.'

'Is  everything okay?'

I force a smile onto my face, 'Everything is good, don't worry.'

'Rory is here, you don't mind do you?'

 I shake my head, 'Nope, I'll leave you guys to it. Sorry for disturbing you.'

The second I turn on my heel to walk away, his large hand grabs my elbow spinning me around, 'You aren't disturbing me, come inside.'

'Oh, I thought you'd want me to go.'

'Why would I want you to go?'

My eyes flicker to a new chain that he is wearing around his neck, I've never seen him wear one before. Did Aurora buy it for him?

Why am I thinking like this?

Scarlett you need to relax.

'I-I don't know.' I murmur weakly.

He frowns slightly as he gingerly grabs my hand and pulls me inside, I glance around his apartment, Aurora is sat there in a sports bra and leggings.

She's perfect.

Her body is perfect.

My body is swollen, puffy and has stretch marks dancing around it. I'll never be able to compete with someone as beautiful as her.

I give her a small wave, 'Hi! Nice to see you again.'

She looks at me blankly before turning her attention to her phone, I let out a shaky breath before sitting down on the edge of the sofa.