1

TWO YEARS LATER

TWO YEARS LATER

"Linnea? Lils? hello? Linnea?"

I feel a hand on my shoulder shaking me, I jolt out of my train of thought.

Looking up, I see Naomi looking at me with a weird look.

"What up with you? You are acting weird?" She pokes my cheek.

"Nothing is up, just thinking, Are you going to the house tonight?" I ask looking around the pretty empty school library. Naomi sits back down across from me on the couch putting her feet up on the ottoman.

"Yeah I am, Can we meet in your dorm, to get ready? Willow's parents grounded us from her house and her dorm for a while" she laughs.

"Ahh yes, how could I forget" I say recalling last Saturday.

The school bell rings and I stand from my seat waving to Naomi as I start walking to my English class. "Don't forget, we are coming to you tonight!" I turn back around giving her a thumbs up.

I attend the University of Minnesota on a full-ride dance scholarship. It's always been my dream to be on a college dance team, and it makes it even better that it's Minnesota's.

It's my hometown, my parents were hesitant about letting me attend here, they claimed- "I wouldn't get exposure to the world staying in my hometown"

I didn't listen though because here I am, in my 3rd year of college living my best life.

They were wrong, this has been the time of my life. But its always felt like something was missing.

As I stroll into English class I let out a sigh of annoyance. Mr. Summers does not know how to teach a college-level course, I'm convinced.

Someone needs to take his teaching license honestly. I sit in my seat already bored waiting for class to begin.

After what felt like forever the bell finally rings and I'm free of prison. I shot a text to Naomi to let her know that I am heading to my dorm right now. The party shouldn't be too big hopefully, the last one got a little bit out of hand you could say...

Last week
..........

The door flings open revealing 4 police officers with very angry looks on their faces. Everyone pauses, then chaos.

There's running, screaming and even laughing, doors opening and closing.

I grab Naomi's hand and we run out the back door following the others, we run through the backyard into the woods.