16. His Love.

Momin's POV

I walked out of the airport with a bright smile on my face and looked around to find someone who had promised to be there on time.

"There you are" I was relieved seeing Hamdan already waiting for me.

"I thought you forgot about my arrival"

"Oh shut up you moron!" He punches me in the chest. "First you came without telling anyone and asked me not to tell either. Why so sudden?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Just some business" I shrugged looking away.

"What business are you doing that required you to hide this vacation from Ruman Mamu and his family?"

"Hamdan yaar I am too tired for your interrogation. Please drop me at some hotel first then ask whatever you want to ask" I said almost pleading to get out of this interrogation as I was really tired right now and I had to get my energy back before morning. It's already late at night and I can not just disturb my Dua's sleep even though I was dying to see her glimpse but convince myself to wait till the morning, I had waited one and half years so one night won't hurt that much, right?.

"Fine. But why a hotel? Why not my house?" he asked confused. I sighed tiredly.

"I don't want anyone of Ruman's uncle's family to know about me being here, remember?" I reminded him with a sarcastic smile he shook his head and asked me to follow him toward his car.

________________________

Author's POV

That day when Dua woke up and went to her university she didn't know what surprise awaiting her.

"Miss?" someone called Dua from behind as she was about to step into the gate of her university. She turned around and found a kid around 6 7 years old standing there with a small but beautiful flower bouquet in his hand. That kid walked toward her and handed her the bouquet saying..

"Happy birthday to the prettiest lady" A Small smile graced her face. He was the first one who wished her although her family and Momin wished her via messages and calls but that was plain and this was beautiful.

"Thank you dear." she looked around before asking "Who gave you this ?" she asked.

"Your special friend" with that he runs away from there. Dua frowned but only for a few seconds thinking who it might be but as someone's name clicked in her head a wide smile appeared on her lips.

She felt someone placed their hand on her shoulder.

"I knew it was you. Who else can make me feel this special other than you?" she slowly turned around only to get in a tight embrace.

"Ru....." Before she could complete her word thanks to Allah a familiar feeling and voice stopped her.

"Happy birthday meri jaan. I missed you so much!!" Momin exclaimed.

Dua's eyes widened in shock upon hearing Momin's voice.

"Momin" a whisper left her mouth. She was shocked and blank for a minute.

"Yes, Your Momin" He pulled back and stared into her eyes. "let me see myself in your eyes."
"I missed you" Staring at her he almost whispered as his eyes welled up. Dua's shocked eyes slowly turn into soft and loving ones. She missed him too.

"I missed you too" She whispered as tears gathered in her eyes as well.

"But... How... I mean why didn't you inform me?" After some time she pulled back and asked.

"Wanted to surprise my beautiful wife" He said kissing her cheeks. Dua was surprised at his public display of affection as he believed in privacy but maybe because it was America or he was too happy to control himself.