8. You and me / Promises

Maham's POV,

I stopped on my track. I was going toward Dua's room passing Momin's when I heard Dua yelling 'I love you' and then momin. My heart sink and tears blur my vision. This was the first time I heard them saying this.

Momin didn't even notice me as he walks past me with a bright smile on his lips. I can't tolerate this any longer. Dua needs to go away from here.

I called my best friend and cousin Rabiya (Riya's Younger daughter) who lived In USA. Riya phuphu (paternal Aunt) leave her here when she was 10 years as she was closed to Dadi and Dadu and wanted to be with us. When she was 14 her parents took her with them. These 4 years stay of hers make me and her closer as Dua was always got busy with momin not paying attention to anyone else so dua and Rabiya didn't share any kind of close bond as she and I shared. and she knew everything about me and my feelings.

"Hey, gurl!" She greeted me with her as usual cheerful voice.

"Hi" my voice came out low and sad.

"Maham... Gurl, why are you sounding so low?" She asked.

"I don't want to but I'm hating my sister" I uttered. In anger.

"Oh God, not again" she muttered.

"If you're annoyed with me then I'm hanging up"

"No-No! Hey. I was just upset. You always get hurt and I don't like it" she said with a sad tone

"Then why don't you call Dua and ask her to come there soon"

"Maham... Babe, we still have 3 weeks for our classes to get started" she reminded.

"I know, please do something. I want Momin. He can't be mine till Dua is here.. They became closer day by day" I sob.

"Maham. Baby, please don't cry. You know you're my bestie and I can't see you like this. Okay fine, I will thing something and ask her to come here soon. Okay? Now stop crying" she consoles me with her soft voice.

"Please bia.. Do something. This is the only way I can get momin. I will mend his heart, he just needs to be away from Dua. He needs to be with me all the time. I know I can make him fall for me, I know I can" I said in a desperate tone.

"Maham. I hope you know what you're doing. I will support you but remember one thing. If you couldn't make Momin fall for you then you will be heartbroken very badly in the end"

"No, I won't. He will fall for me because I love him truly" I mumbled.

So, they both do.

A voice spoke inside me which I shook away like always.

****

Dua's POV,

I got ready to go with Momin and was waiting for him to come back. I was excited to know where he was taking me. Since morning I was blushing and smiling like an idiot remembering our first kiss.

The whole day my face looks flushed and pinkish. so, I spent most of the time in my room.

Looking at my reflection I touch my lips. My heart speeds up again. That feeling was so beautiful. That moment was the second-best moment of my life. First, our nikah and then our first kiss. I couldn't help but think about much more. I wanted to experience everything. I wanted to be in his arms. I wanted him to love me in every possible way.

"Dua" Mama entered the room and stopped eying me up and down. "Where are you going? And you didn't even ask?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

"I was coming to you. And I'm going with momin" I said with a smile on my face. She stared at me and then walk toward me.