003

The next day, you heard a knock on your bedroom door

The next day, you heard a knock on your bedroom door. You opened the door only to see the little duke on the other side of the door.

With a look of confusion, before you could ask him why he decided to grace your bedroom with his presence, he gently pushed aside and entered your room.

It was only when he made himself comfortable at the small round table in your bedroom did you notice the servants entering the room with some food; probably lunch.

Once the food had been served and you've settled down at the opposite end of the round table from Legis, you asked him, "...so, why has Lord Floyen decided to visit me?".

The little duke had only made brief eye contact before answering, "My mother had told me to have lunch with you."

Pleased that he even bothered to answer you, you continued with your efforts to establish a conversation.

"You must be feeling tired after having swordsmanship training earlier. I am so sorry if this lunch is an inconvenience to you." You had started addressing him informally but he didn't seem to mind.

But he did think that your comments were unnecessary to reply to hence he started staying silent yet again.

Throughout the lunch, you just silently (as silent as you can get with squealing and moaning because of food) enjoyed the food, while noticing that the little duke would observe your reactions.

'He's probably making fun of me in his head right now...' and with this insecure thought in mind, you mumble, "...Stop looking at me like that...".

Legis tilted his little head and asked, "How?". Of course it has to be just a one word question.

"I know you're judging me. Stop. It's making me uncomfortable." You answer.

"I am not judging you... sorry." You're actually quite surprised that The Legis would ever apologise considering it took his daughter's death in order for him to apologise to her.

"Sorry? No, I'm sorry. I'm the one who came into your life and invaded your personal time and space all of a sudden. I just want to clarify that I have absolutely no bad intentions and i didnt mean to be free loading off of your familys' shelter and wealth."

Then Legis, instead of comforting you, he asked, "Then why else would you come here?"

You did not realise the bashfulness you were showing him when you answered, "I actually came here to be friends with you...I heard many good things about you and I admire you very much."

Legis had stopped looking at you and instead stared at his almost finished plate of food.

"So... would you mind being friends with me? I never trusted the other friends I had in the south because they just wanted to leech off of my family's power. I think you would be able to relate with me on this matter of trust issues." You continued.