𝟳. 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗔𝗭𝗔𝗥𝗦

Vijayaprastha, Kadamba Rajya
Dwapara Yuga

It's surprising how quickly one can get used to a new place once one opens their heart and embrace it.

Ahyan fell into a routine of waking up at pratha kala which is 3 or 4 in the morning. He missed his bird song alarm on his iPhone, which woke him up at 7:30 A.M.

"I used to snooze the alarm at least 20 times before Revanth yanked the comfort," exposing his (Ahyan's) almost naked body to the air conditioner's chilly air.

He laughed, reminiscing about his domestic life with his ex in Hyderabad. Thinking about his ex doesn't hurt him as much as before. Maybe this is what acceptance and moving on are.

He finished his morning routine of brushing his teeth, getting bathed and dressed by his attendants. At first, it felt uncomfortable for strangers to touch him so intimately, even if it was nothing sexual or romantic. It's more like a permanent luxurious spa and dressing up, which he got used to and even loved.

As an avid foodie and a cooking enthusiast, Ahyan spent time chatting with the chefs in the Paakashaala, the royal kitchen, and learning their techniques. It stunned the staff to see a noble stepping his foot into the kitchen and being interested in how the food was made.

They were formal and wary of him as they heard all kinds of rumours about him being reclusive and miserable by other servants. "However rajaathiti was before, I'm glad he's smiling and chattering with us," the head chef, Bopanna, said, who became fond of the young man.

He and the royal guest would exchange recipes and got to know a lot of fascinating ones he never heard of. The kitchen staff became used to him, talking animatedly with his eyes sparkling while describing his favourites with the head chef.

Biriyani and Crème caramel became an instant hit among the royals. The king even rewarded them for making such delicacies.

Ahyan learnt several recipes from traditional Kadamba cuisine, which were like modern Mangalorean cuisine. Meenu Pulimunchi with Neer Dosa became his staple and Mandas sated his cravings for saccharine.

"Bopanna, why don't you document your recipes and share them with the generations to come?" Ahyan proposed, lounging on the windowsill and indulging in the sweet taste of tender coconut and jaggery, while Bopanna was getting the dinner ready. "Even though these recipes may not be your speciality, the way you make them is always mouth-watering. I can feel in my bones that these are the best versions I've ever laid eyes on!"

"This kid has a way to charm anyone with his sweet words and earnest smiles," he chuckled, wanting to pinch rajaathiti's soft cheeks. Now he understood why the maharaja and maharani adored him to bits.

"He's so lovable," thought the 33-year-old head chef with a lean body rivalling a seasoned warrior. "But what does 'signatures' mean? He uses such strange words." he shook his shiny bald head.

"I'll do it, but you need to draw the pictures and make it look like one of the pages you've shown me," he replied with a smile.

"Most definitely! I'll make some templates and bring them to you. You can choose the one you like," Ahyan said, jumping down the windowsill. "There he goes, using weird words," the chef sighed.

Ahyan left the kitchen and chatted with the king and queen about deciding the day to announce his adoption.

"I'm comfortable with whatever date you decide," he said when the queen asked if he was okay if the event being held soon.

"Okay then, putra, we will ask the raja purohita to mark an auspicious day for adoption and coronation after Kruta arrives. He stated in his letters that he'll reach the capital in 4 days," the king said.