Chapter 27: Ex's and Hoes

A/N: April 11, 2023

See? Told you the next chapter will be up quickly x) 

Please don't forget to leave a vote!!

Thank you Homies and enjoyyy ❤️ I also updated on Patreon yesterday night for those who'd like early chapters! 

✏✏✏

"Daniel."

Shit, it was Aaron. I spun around, his smile making my stomach twist. His black eye had healed, or it had been covered with concealer. Whichever it was, it wasn't my problem.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered. He raised his brows at my hostility.

"It's a party full of celebrities. I have to be here," he said. "I didn't think you'd be here."

"I am." For Oliver.

"It's nice to see you," he said with a small smile.

"Likewise."

Despite the painfully obvious awkwardness between us, his feet remained rooted to the floor.

"I never had the chance to apologize," he murmured, looking genuine and sincere.

"It's okay," I reassured. "It's fine. It was a mistake."

Silence. I looked over my shoulder, and my gaze met Oliver's, who stared back. His eyes flickered from me to Aaron before back to me, and an unreadable look crossed his face. I frowned, not wanting him to get the wrong idea.

"Daniel," Aaron said, regaining my attention. "I truly am–"

"Sorry, I know," I said impatiently. But when I looked back, Oliver was no longer there. Where did he go? My heart began to race, but not in a good way. "You should be, because that was honestly a bitch move."

His eyes blinked in surprise.

"Aaron," but I stopped when someone came to say hi to him. We quickly put on a smile and acted like we weren't just about to have another fight. She was a tall beautiful woman, probably a model. She finally left to greet someone else, and I lowered my voice to a growl. "This has to stop. I'm serious."

"Is there someone else?" He asked, sounding hurt.

"There is."

His jaw tightened, and something dark flickered in his eyes.

"Your new boss?"

"His name is Oliver," I said curtly. And he will get the wrong idea if I keep bumping into you. Oh, who am I kidding? He probably already has!

"So you're together?" He muttered.

"We are." At least, I think we were. There was no official process, but I assumed we were together, considering we both admitted that we shared mutual feelings and had already shared a few intimate moments.

"Did you fuck him?"

Aaron wasn't whispering anymore, and my eyes darted around us to make sure no one was near. I stared at him in surprise.

"Wait, let me rephrase. Did he fuck you?"

That was a low blow, and he knew it.

"That's none of your business," I hissed, my face blotching red. Aaron looked like he wanted to say something, but stopped.