020. (realization)

SCARY LOVE

CHAPTER TWENTY "realization"

CHAPTER TWENTY
"realization"

[irl]
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

it was finally the day flor was hanging out with peter and she had been overthinking all day long. what if he didn't like her anymore? what if he thought she was uglier in person? what if he just didn't want to hang out and ditched her? what if it was serious between him and amelia and she was being a home wrecker? no, there was no home to wreck. peter told her that. but what if he didn't want her anymore? just because? what if peter wasn't like matt? wait

why did she think that? flor didn't like matt anymore. well, she does, but peter is going to help her with that. she can forget all about matt and how he hates her and everything can go back to normal.

she was tired of thinking and needed to get ready so she got up and took a shower. flor obviously couldn't help but think in the shower and was upset of how much she had pushed her friends away just because of matt. after today she was going to fix everything between them, flor never really knew how much she needed them until she didn't have them. she still did have them, but she was pushing them away.

flor was almost done with her makeup when peter texted her he was already on his way to the cinema. that startled her a bit, wasn't he supposed to pick her up? matt wouldn't forget to do that, he was too much of a gentleman to forget about something on a date- stop thinking about matt, flor told herself while she grabbed her car keys making her way to the cinema.

when she got there she found peter and greeted him in the most awkward way ever. flor's nerves had gotten over her and she did a weird handshake before giving him a fist bump and calling him 'dude'. she already wanted to leave. none of this strange and uncomfortable greeting would've happened if she were here with matt- and there she was thinking about matt again.

"you look good" peter said while he looked at her up and down, making flor shift uncontrollably on her place. when matt complimented her she would blush, or tease him for it. but with peter it just felt different, wrong even.

"thanks, so do you" flor replied without even looking back at him. they made their way to their seats and peter put her hand on her waist, questionably low. flor awkwardly took his hand and pulled it away. it felt kind of disgusting when peter put his arm around her like that, she couldn't describe why. she just knew that if it was matt she wouldn't have minded.

why did she keep thinking about matt and comparing him to peter? it's not like her feelings for him were way stronger than only liking him.