Chapter Fifteen

— By Order of —

The High Inquisitor of HogwartsAll Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and
Clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby

defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.Permission to re-form may be sought from the High
Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).
No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club
may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High
Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an

Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has notbeen approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.The above is in accordance withEducational Decree Number Twenty-four.Signed:
Delores Jane Umbridge
High Inquisitor

"Someone must have blabbed to her!" Ron said angrily.

"They can't have done," said Hermione in a low voice.

"You're so naïve," said Ron, "you think just because you're all honorable and trustworthy —"

"No, they can't have done because I put a jinx on that piece of parchment we all signed," said Hermione grimly. "Believe me, if anyone's run off and told Umbridge, we'll know exactly who they are and they will really regret it."

"You did not," I said, grinning.

"What'll happen to them?" asked Luke eagerly.

"Well, put it this way," said Hermione, "it'll make Eloise Midgen's acne look like a couple of cute freckles."

"Luke," I said, "remember yesterday when I said I loved you?"

Luke grinned. "Yeah. I love you t—"

"Well, forget that, because Hermione exists and she is my Wifey. I love you, Hermione."

Hermione snorted and Harry and Ron laughed as Luke pouted.

"Well, at least let me know with your words whether my love is requited, Hermione," I said dramatically.

"I love you, too, Ash."

I grinned. "Yayyyy."

"Come on, let's get down to breakfast and see what the others think... I wonder whether this has been put up in all the Houses?"

It was immediately apparent on entering the Great Hall that Umbridge's sign had not only appeared in Gryffindor Tower. Everyone was gossiping about it. We'd barely taken our seats when Neville, Dean, Fred, George, and Ginny descended upon them.

"Did you see it?"

"D'you reckon she knows?"

"What are we going to do?"

They were all looking at Harry. He glanced around to make sure there were no teachers near us.

"We're going to do it anyway, of course," he said quietly.

"Knew you'd say that," said George, beaming and thumping Harry on the arm.

"The prefects as well?" said Fred, looking quizzically at Ron and Hermione.

"Of course," said Hermione coolly.

"Here comes Ernie and Hannah Abbott," said Ron, looking over his shoulder. "And those Ravenclaw blokes and Smith... and no one looks very spotty."