Chapter 8 - my stressful day

The Duke rose from his seat and left the dining hall, followed by his knights. Isabella and Wolfram stayed with us. Wolfram took a step towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Lord Haruki, I am impressed by what you have shown so far. But be cautious. The power of a Holy Blessing can also awaken envy and greed. You must be vigilant and protect yourself from those who may seek to exploit your abilities". His words reminded me that not everyone in the estate would welcome or accept my gift. It was important to use my powers wisely and discern the true intentions of the people around me. 

Wolfram accompanied us to the spacious terrace while Isabella headed towards the kitchen to prepare a new lunch for us. The snow-covered garden stretched out before us, with only a few bushes and trees suggesting. Yet, the sight of the sun casting its warm light on the glittering snow of the serene landscape was enchantingly beautiful, and the air felt refreshing and pure.On the terrace, a few empty flower pots rested, while in the center stood a small round metal table surrounded by two snow-covered metal chairs. It seemed that this place rarely received visitors. 

Wolfram approached the table with determination and conjured his magic, causing flames to engulf both the table and the chairs. Within seconds, the snow completely evaporated. "You may take a seat now," he invited us, adjusting the chairs with a skilled gesture. It was the first time I had witnessed someone using magic, and my surprised gaze did not go unnoticed. Wolfram added, "I possess some fire magic, but it is in no way comparable to yours or the Duke's magic."As I settled into the chair, I still felt the pleasant warmth emanating from it. "I can also use a bit of magic," Ryota announced somewhat enviously. "It's truly impressive that you already possess the art of magic at your age," I praised him sincerely. Before I could ask further questions about specific types of magic, Sophie and Isabella arrived on the terrace with the long-awaited meal.

A modest meal of goulash and bread was served, accompanied by plain water. It might have been simple for nobles, but the meal was lovingly prepared. I reminded myself to exercise some restraint. I should pay more attention to my manners and not eat so hastily, especially in the presence of Ryota or other nobles. With the spoon, I carefully took a bite of the goulash and couldn't help but exclaim, "Mmm, delicious!" Ryota looked at me and smiled before taking a spoonful himself.Hardly had I noticed, my plate was already empty. 

While Isabella and Sophie were busy clearing everything, Wolfram suggested that we continue our tour of the garden and enjoy tea with cookies in the greenhouse as a finale

While Isabella and Sophie were busy clearing everything, Wolfram suggested that we continue our tour of the garden and enjoy tea with cookies in the greenhouse as a finale. Obviously, they wanted to prevent us from witnessing the incidents within the estate. So, we ventured outside and strolled through the wintry garden. I hadn't seen so much snow since my childhood in my previous life. At Ryota's age, I had loved playing in the snow."Oh, shall we build a snowman?" I asked excitedly. Ryota looked questioningly at Wolfram, who shrugged slightly before Ryota turned his gaze back to me. "A snowman?" They seemed unfamiliar with the concept of a snowman. "I'll show you how it's done!" I replied eagerly. 

We began forming snowballs and stacking them on top of each other. While we were engrossed in the task, a servant approached Wolfram and whispered something that I couldn't hear. Wolfram explained that he needed to leave for a moment but would return soon. We nodded in agreement, and I continued working on the snowman. "So, this is a snowman," Ryota said, delighted but also a bit skeptical. "Not quite yet. We still need branches for the arms and stones for the eyes and mouth," I explained, pointing to the respective spots.