thirteen

WHEN BRIELLE'S MASK DROPPED, the whole room went silent. Her sisters stared at her in disbelief, as Chad tried to make sure he was seeing this right.

Brielle's eyes met her sisters, and she instantly regretted ever listening to Ethan. Nothing was worth seeing the pain in her siblings' eyes, especially Tara's.

"I-Brielle?" Tara choked out.

Sam just shook her head, pacing back and forth. "This is insane. This can't be real," her older sister muttered.

Chad looked angrier than ever. "After all we've been through together!" he shouted.

Ethan approached Brielle, and then wrapped his arms around her. "What a shame, Chad," he taunted.

"Get your hands off her!" Sam ordered.

Despite finding out their sister was "Ghostface", they didn't want anything to happen to her. It had to be a misunderstanding.

And it was.

"Don't fool yourself. She likes it."

She tried to shift away from Ethan, but he gripped onto her wrist tighter. The Ghostfaces moved closer to Tara, Sam, and Chad. Brielle was dragged along by Ethan.

"I don't know what you believe, but I didn't commit those murders in Woodsboro, it wasn't me!" Sam insisted.

Bailey smirked, and cocked his head to the side. "Oh we know that. What do you think this is based on, some conspiracy theory?" He paused and looked at his daughter. "Come on, who do you think started these rumors about you?"

Quinn raised her hand, the sharp knife still in it. "Do you know how easy it was to turn Sam from the 'hero of Woodsboro' into the villain? How easy it is to convince the world to believe the worst in people rather than the best?"

Brielle stood awkwardly beside Ethan, knowing she had no part in whatever motive the killers had to do all of this.

She was interested in what could possibly drive them to do all of this. Brielle really wished Ethan wasn't one of the killers. The Carpenter girl thought back to when he defended her at the frat party. He really seemed so sweet at first.

Ethan loosened his grasp on Brielle to step forward towards her sisters and Chad.

"Because it's not enough to just kill someone these days!" He smirked psychotically. "You have to- assassinate their character first! So when Dad here discovers your horribly mutated bodies posed with Sam wearing her father's mask, he'll say some poor bastard read on the internet that you're the real Ghostface, and took matters into their own deluded hands."

Ethan's father applauded him and then smiled. "Exactly, Ethan! That's why it's the perfect alibi! And all the best lies are based on the truth. You are a killer just like your father, Sam!"

Bailey was now in Sam's face, and Brielle hated seeing the rage in her sister's eyes. "No, I'm not!"

Quinn pointed her knife shakily at Sam. "Yes you are! You killed our brother!"

"What are you talking about-"

"You said your brother died in a car accident," Chad said in confusion. 

Ethan shook his head and looked at Chad. "Of course you'd believe that, you dumb thing. He died in Woodsboro, at the hands of Sam."

Tara felt the tears forming in her eyes as she looked at the Kirsch family. "You're Richie's family."

Brielle wasn't sure what to say or what to feel. Then Tara turned to her. "But what about you, Bri? Why the hell are you with them?"

She knew she had to stop listening to Ethan. She faced away from the killers and stepped next to her twin.

"I'm not."

"What?"

Brielle looked at her sisters and Chad in sorrow. "I didn't kill anyone! Ethan's forced me to fake this the whole time!"

She felt like she was about to break down.

"You know, Bri, this was all to protect you! Because you really didn't have to die!" Ethan shouted, his eyes going crazy.

"Would it shock you to know that I was the one who killed Richie?" Brielle asked, a small smirk forming on her face.