Chapter 29

Lucas's pov

I woke up the next morning when I heard a knock on the door of our apartment. I glanced at Valeria who was sleeping very soundly next to me. I have to admit that these were probably the best sleep I ever had.

Memories from the last night came to mind and I looked at her mark, a small tattoo can be seen on her neck. It had a crescent moon and my name in calligraphy. I was so proud that she finally wears my mark.

My gaze moved from the mark to her big scar that went from her collarbone to her chest and I remember the day Valeria told me where she got her scar from. She lost Opal that day. I could tear that filthy rogue to shreds for what he's done to my mate.

I will never say this to her but I have been thinking about Evelyn's words. I don't consider Valeria weak, but maybe weaker than the average werewolf. Practically, she's only human, just a little stronger, so I'll do everything I can to make sure she doesn't have to get into a situation where she's in danger.

"She would give hell on earth if she heard your thoughts." Onyx growled but couldn't handle him now.

Valeria has been through so much and lost so much, so I couldn't help but feel guilty again about how I treated her and what kind of life I lived before her.

Suddenly, Valeria stopped my self-blaming.

"Stop that Lucas. Past is past and I have told you that I have forgiven and forgotten what you have done. I am happy now."

"Hey, good morning. I thought you were still sleeping." I said.

"That's because I slept, but I felt your guilt through our link, so I woke up. But everything is fine, so could you go now and see who is bothering us." Valeria said with her eyes still closed.

I got up and went to open the door. Behind the door was my mother, who marched straight into the apartment. She noticed Valeria's mark on my neck and gasped.

"So you really act against your mate, you stupid boy! Did you really force her to mark you!?" She screamed at me while slapping my arms and chest, does she think that hurts because it doesn't.

"Mom, stop! You got it all wrong." I tried to tell her.

"Do you think I'm stupid!?" She yelled at me and glared me meanly.

"Wow, thank you mom, for having so much faith in me." I replied sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

Before my mother could continue screaming, Valeria appeared from the bedroom and came to calm my mother down.

"Olivia calm down, he hasn't used his wish to us to mark each other. We did it of our own free will."

"Actually, your son was so considerate that he used his wish so that I could see my best friend and my wolf that I have lost." Valeria continued and looked at me gratefully.

And the next second my mom was crying and hugging me. She apologized for how she misread the situation and how proud she is of me for my wish.

"Okay mom, that's enough. Could you let us start the day in peace? Thank you, bye bye." I told her as I escorted her out of the apartment.

I turned to Valeria.

"Sorry about my mom, she can be a bit dramatic sometimes."

She just laughed at me. "Don't worry. I love your mom, she is wonderful. Your whole family is great, but let's start getting ready for the day and we need to finalize the arrangements before Alpha James comes."

We ate breakfast together, which I cooked. I'm not a great cook, but I can do something. After that we changed our clothes and went to do the rest of the preparations for tomorrow.

The day passed really quickly when there was a lot to do. I was already heading to make evening snacks for me and Valeria when I bumped into Evelyn.
It seems that these days I don't even see her anymore and every time we do, we start arguing because she doesn't like Valeria.

I don't know what I would do with her, she is one of my oldest friends, but at the same time she always makes me angry, because she comes up with different reasons why Valeria wouldn't be a good Luna or a good mate for me. I don't know what's wrong with her.

"You finally did it, it was about time." Evelyn I said in a dull tone of voice.

"Yes, we marked each other but that's all, not that it's any of your business." As I said, my bad mood is coming.

"Whatever Lucas, I still think that she is weak and useless to be Luna and I'm going to prove it to you." She said. Me and Onyx growled together. I'm sure my eyes are shining gold.

"What the fuck is your problem Evelyn!? You should be my friend and support me."

Maybe I was too rude to her, but I'm slowly getting annoyed by her behavior and I don't need any more stress before Alpha James comes.

She looked annoyed with me so I say

"Like I said, you're my friend and I don't want to fight with you, but Valeria is my Luna, my mate. If you don't have anything good to say about her, then don't say anything and we'll avoid unnecessary arguments. Can we do that?" I said tiredly.

She thought and sighed deeply "Fine Lucas, for you I will try." I don't know how sincerely she said it, but this will do for now.

I nodded to her and continued on my way, wondering when this pointless drama would end in my life.